Multiple Owners for a contact

My idea is: Multiple owners for a contact. We work in a team environment where multiple agents will be working on the same file and will therefore be sharing any leads.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Any company that shares leads.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: It seems like a simple data type change.

Any code or resources to support this idea: Other systems utilize this idea out of the box.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: Yes.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? I can’t imagine this has never come up before. It seems like a basic data type storage issue and a viable use case. I have not worked with Mautic specifically before but I have the ability to do so.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi! You can always create a custom field, with a value: opened by company one / opened by company two.
What particular functionality do you miss?

Hi joeyk,

Thanks for the reply and for all your tireless efforts running this great ship called Mautic. I currently use it with multiple clients and many 100’s of thousands of contacts and would like to give back to the community in any way I can.

One client in particular is a real estate firm where sometimes a contact could be shared by multiple agents or by a team. The situation can arise when one agent gets an inquiry from an existing contact that also already belongs to another agent/inquiry. This causes the contact to change ownership and the first agent agent cannot follow-up or access the contact any longer. I am currently experimenting with additional custom fields with the unique attribute based on the agent id and email combination.

My original idea was to look at the Contact Owner field and see what it would take to make it an array of ids instead of just one id field (int). Of course, that would be a massive undertaking (interfaces/poly’s) across the entire platform so that’s kind of where that idea died. Nonetheless, I thought it was worth putting it out to the community in case anyone else came across this use case or has any ideas to accomplish this.

Thanks again for the reply and the ideas and I’m looking forward to the new versions!

All the best,

Jesse

Hi, I think the undertaking is way too large. I don’t know any good way around it. You would need to seriously change the way ownership works…