Users are stealing each others Contacts

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.0.1
My PHP version is: 7.4.x
My Database type and version is: mariadb

Your problem
My problem is: Contact Management: Users are claiming ownership of a Contact that is already Owned by another User.

These errors are showing in the log: N/A

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: None

In our instance of Mautic 4.0.1 we have a situation of 7 unique Users that have permissions to see and work on their OWN content and there is a level of competition between the Users.

I have noticed that if a number of Users import the same Contact, that the last User to import the Contact lands up being the Owner of the Contact and the others can no longer access that Contact.

Can this be correct?

If so, this is not desirable.

What is Best Practice in a situation like this?

Have you seen this before @raramuridesign?

@charlesn
Is the owner updated only when re-imported?

@rcheesley would you mind looking at this and letting us know if this is a bug or is the import feature designed to override the original owner of the user being imported

Hey folks,

When you import contacts, there is a field to specify the owner. I reckon this might be pre-populated with the user who is logged in probably, which may result in the behaviour you’re seeing. Maybe check the field and de-select the owner before import?

May not be that but that’s what I would think to start with - it’s an easy one to miss as you usually go direct to mapping fields.

2 Likes

Thanks @rcheesley
@charlesn please note the assistance here.

Noted, thanks @raramuridesign and @rcheesley. Clearly the Mautic system is working as design and it is a case of the Organisational Business Rules need to be addressed before Users import Contacts. We can always write a Campaign action to validate ownership and reassign between Users if needs be, thanks again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes