Individual Contacts management

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.2.4
My PHP version is: 7.4.14
My Database type and version is: MariaDB 10.3

Hi All,

I have a question about manage contacts, I would like that users can manage their own contacts but not see/edit other user contacts.
So I create a role with these permissions:
Contacts: “see own”, “edit own”, “create” and “delete own”.
Segment:
Import: Create

With this configuration, I noticed when userA import an existing contact (owned by userB), The contact is merged and UserA is the new owner of the contact so userB not see the contact anymore.

To fix it, I disable the option mail as a unique field, so now when userA imports an existing contact the tool creates a new contact instead of merge so userB is not impacted.

With this new config, I see another issue (totally expected), if userA imports a contact that already exists and owned by him self, the contact obviously is not merged so the user has the contact duplicated.

I understand that with my configuration, contacts are not merged so are duplicated, but you know if there is a way to allow users to manage his/her own contacts and not share with other users, so each user has his own contact that only the owner can use it or edit. Basically merge option is only for user-owned contacts not with contacts owned by other users.

Regards

Thanks.