Understand how to use owners

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.15.1
My PHP version is: 7.3.14-1~deb10u1

Your problem
I have been a happy Mautic user for a few months now. It is very helpful for my wife’s digital business and we are mostly happy with it. Now she would like to start a new independent business and have another newsletter for that. She wishes that the two newsletters are completely independent: so either she is seeing contacts, segments, forms, whatever for business A or for business B. Not the two at the same time.

I would like to avoid maintaining two Mautic instances. I believe that what she would like can be done by creating two independent users in Mautic and let each user own the resources for that business. However, I don’t really get how to effectively manage objects’ owners. How do I see what is the owner for a certain segment/form/email/campaign? How do I set it? I can only do that for contacts. In the edit pages for all other categories, I can’t see a owner widget.

Also, is there a way to mass set all current objects to a certain owner? So far we have used the system using two users, one for me and one for her, both being superusers, so I am pretty sure ownerships are currently quite messed up.

Thanks!

Hello @giomasce,

Thanks for your message.
The Mautic user can own a contact but not a segment/form/email/campaign.

If you are running two different brands I strongly recommend to have two separate instances.
This is good practice with Mautic.

I look forward to continuing the discussion,
Pierre