Namespace Prefix and Salesforce Integration

Hi,

I am currently trying to push data into salesforce, but only getting certain fields over. Getting points, activity and other data outlined in setup docs is still not working. I did notice that the Developer version is the only version in Salesforce that allows you to set the required namespace prefix to identify your integration.

Salesforce documentation is saying the default namespace prefix is “c”. Is this the correct direction? Does any one have experience trying to integrate into Salesforce without a developer version of the software?

Running Mautic 2.2/SSL

Thanks in advance for the response.

Hi,

I am currently trying to push data into salesforce, but only getting certain fields over. Getting points, activity and other data outlined in setup docs is still not working. I did notice that the Developer version is the only version in Salesforce that allows you to set the required namespace prefix to identify your integration.

Salesforce documentation is saying the default namespace prefix is “c”. Is this the correct direction? Does any one have experience trying to integrate into Salesforce without a developer version of the software?

Running Mautic 2.2/SSL

Thanks in advance for the response.

Can someone in the community here answer the above question?

The Mautic-Salesforce Integration is (in my humble opinion) a VERY big deal and a huge plus for Mautic.

However, the Mautic-Salesforce integration documentation and videos seem to gloss over some important details like the Namespace Prefix which is (in turn) connected with what Salesforce Edition is being used for the integration with Mautic.

@scottmerselis is correct in stating - “…the Developer version is the only version in Salesforce that allows you to set the required namespace prefix to identify your integration.”.

Additionally, unless you are using the Enterprise Edition of Salesforce, you will not have access to APEX calls required for 2-way synchronization.

And, if using the Professional Edition of Salesforce, you don’t have access to API functionality AT ALL!..it is not included! One-way (push into Salesforce) API functionality is available as an add-on for $300/year/subscriber.

Please correct me if I am mistaken…(I don’t mind being - mistaken)…but, it seems that the Mautic documentation and accompanying videos may be using Salesforce Developer Edition, in which case you have by default both 2-way API access and the ability to set a custom namespace prefix.

Now, here the rub…you CANNOT use the Developer Edition in production!..so, when you attempt to follow the Mautic documentation to integrate with Salesforce using a production edition of Salesforce it simply does not match up…there is no namespace prefix setting and API access is very much dependent upon the Edition of Salesforce being integrated.

Please, let’s work together and see if we can gain some clarity around this Salesforce integration because in my particular case, I have several clients for whom I have intended to deploy Mautic (I’m lovin it) with a Salesforce Professional Edition integration…and, so far I’ve hit a total brick wall…nothing passes into Salesforce from Mautic even after having the expensive 1-way API activated.

Very frustrating…and, this is causing me to (regrettably) rethink my initial enthusiasm for Mautic…and consider that maybe it is too early for me to depend upon for production deployments…especially when I notice how many posts on this forum go completely unanswered on the topic of Salesforce integration…like the above post from scottmerselis.

Anyway, I’m a total Mautic fan and just want to get this Salesforce integration sorted…just need some help from some kind strangers on this forum…

Cheers,

Dale

Hi Dale @webworx,

I don’t know if you have found a resolution to the above issue, but I have been using Zapier for the one-way push and the score goes in any Salesforce “model”. The problem is that as a business you can’t fight Salesforce, especially if on boarding a client that is already using SFDC as their database of record.

The other caveat is that is if the lead score is meant to be a qualitative metric to predict interest in said product or service that you are pushing, why wouldn’t this be initially included in the user story when developing the plugin? Again, still manually updating records through Salesforce isn’t the end of the world, but efficiency increases would be huge if this issue was resolved.

If you would like to chat offline about combining resources to solve this issue, I would be open to a discussion.

-S

Y’all seem to have a good handle on this issue. Other threads in this forum say that “any edition” of SFDC works for the Mautic integration. That conflicts with this thread. A confirmation is appreciated. I got everything setup (SFDC custom app, SFDC custom object, Mautic integration, keys validated…result=no “contact mapping” tab.

Very frustrating. This is after I got wordpress, contact 7, contact 7 mautic plugin, and SFDC mapped. Ooph. The lack of clear documentation for what should be a highly usable work case is amazing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,
I’m presently trying to push data into salesforce, but only getting certain fields over. Getting points, exertion and other data outlined in setup croakers is still not working. I did notice that the Inventor interpretation is the only interpretation in Salesforce that allows you to set the needed namespace prefix to identify your integration.
Salesforce attestation is saying the dereliction namespace prefix is “ c”. Is this the correct direction? Does anyone have experience trying to integrate into Salesforce without an inventor interpretation of the software?

Link: https://codegym.cc/forum/345