Need better hosting for Mautic? [Black Friday Deal Inside]

Hi All,

I’ve been getting a few messages here and on the slack group regarding hosting suggestions for Mautic. I personally use A2 Hosting.

Here’s why:

-The support team is excellent and knowledgeable

-I can install Mautic using the Softaculous app installer which is available in Cpanel (super easy way to install Mautic and doesn’t require you to download any files). I wouldn’t install it any other way

-Turbo shared hosting (which what I am currently using) is super fast

-I’ve used Bluehost, Host Gator and GoDaddy in the past and they all suck

To make things even better, they are currently running a Black Friday sale with shared hosting starting at $1.98/month!! If any of you are looking for hosting or to upgrade your existing hosting, I would definitely check these guys out.

Hope this helps.

Hi All,

I’ve been getting a few messages here and on the slack group regarding hosting suggestions for Mautic. I personally use A2 Hosting.

Here’s why:

-The support team is excellent and knowledgeable
-I can install Mautic using the Softaculous app installer which is available in Cpanel (super easy way to install Mautic and doesn’t require you to download any files). I wouldn’t install it any other way
-Turbo shared hosting (which what I am currently using) is super fast
-I’ve used Bluehost, Host Gator and GoDaddy in the past and they all suck

To make things even better, they are currently running a Black Friday sale with shared hosting starting at $1.98/month!! If any of you are looking for hosting or to upgrade your existing hosting, I would definitely check these guys out.

Hope this helps.

I have signed up for a2hosting Turbo and it is great.
I came across a problem setting up Amazon SES and I am getting message as
.a2hosting.com ESMTP Exim 4.89 We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, and/or bulk e-mail.
Is there any workaround to get Amazon SES work.
Thanks

@zealny I had the same issue. You need to configure Amazon SES using the smtp method (do not try via API). Call A2 hosting and tell them to open port 2587 by explaining your need to connect with Amazon.

Use port 2587 when configuring the SMTP settings in Mautic.

BTW, Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is still going on. Definitely worth jumping on this offer for anyone reading this.

@sourdoughbread

I opened a ticket and in reply they replied as

Hello Thank you for contacting us on the matter. I can see that you’re trying to use a third-party SMTP service for your emails.This Knowledge Base article discusses restrictions on sending e-mail through external SMTP servers. so I hope you will be able to find the answer you’re looking for

https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/getting-started-guide/setting-up-e-mail/using-external-smtp-servers-to-send-e-mail

As per kb, Web hosting (Lite, Swift, or Turbo) cannot use external SMTP servers to send e-mail

@zealny - You need to call them and explain that you are not using A2 servers to send email (you are using Amazon). You can even tell them that you cannot connect to Amazon via API unless they open the port.