Needs More Work

Thought this was a great program until I installed it. Support is evidently a hit or miss adventure. I’ve had an API issue in for days and no one has even read it. Yes, I know it’s open source but depending on the community to do all the support shouldn’t be the only option.

Today I tried to upload contacts - needs work for US users - can’t use common 2-letter state abbreviations at all. I realize US users aren’t the only ones out there but, I would recommend the program be a little more flexible on the state input validation to permit “anything” to be entered. The contact is abandoned completely and the process fails for that entry. In my case it fails for all 4278 entries since they all are 2-letter versions. This is a shame as I had high hopes for this Constant Contact replacement.

Sure does, thanks! Now if I can just get API going I might be able to use Mautic.

Thought this was a great program until I installed it. Support is evidently a hit or miss adventure. I’ve had an API issue in for days and no one has even read it. Yes, I know it’s open source but depending on the community to do all the support shouldn’t be the only option.
Today I tried to upload contacts - needs work for US users - can’t use common 2-letter state abbreviations at all. I realize US users aren’t the only ones out there but, I would recommend the program be a little more flexible on the state input validation to permit “anything” to be entered. The contact is abandoned completely and the process fails for that entry. In my case it fails for all 4278 entries since they all are 2-letter versions. This is a shame as I had high hopes for this Constant Contact replacement.

Hi @KenSTJ
Maybe this gives you some light.

If you import a legacy list using CSV and you don’t map the states when you send an email to that contact from Mautic, Mautic will update the state from where the email was open.

LEt me know if that help you.

No need to reply further I’ve uninstalled Mautic in favor of SuiteCRM - installed and functioning without any issues.

It’s just too frustrating to continue beating my head against a wall trying to get solutions to basic issues.

I feel bad to read the sentence.
Since i use a combination of Mautic (Marketing Automation) + SuiteCRM (CRM) and so far i’m extremely happy with this combo also with a new feature that will be release in Mautic v2.9 for SuiteCRM/SugarCRM.

@KenSTJ : Just for the files: SuiteCRM can replace Mautic as Mailsystem? Is can do compaigns, newsletters and subscription?

@olafdammann: Mautic is a marketing automation solution and SuiteCRM is a CRM solution. CRM surely cannot replace marketing automation as both are two absolutely different disciplines. If SuiteCRM can replace Mautic for you depends on your requirements.

@PeterTL : I thought so, too. that’s the reason for my question. IF SuiteCRM could replace Mautic, that would be a great option.

SuiteCRM has “web to lead forms” which you could use to collect lead data and put them into a campaign. However, SuiteCRM will not be capable of any advanced automation features (drip campaigns, dynamic content, tagging, landing pages, notifications, real segmentation etc.).

@PeterTL Thanks for the inside!
Damn… I am afraid, Mautic has reached the end of the line, time to check alternatives.