Numerous fatal php errors

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.16.2
My PHP version is: 7.3

Your problem
My problem is: numerous fatal php errors and entire installation is 500 error when attempting to login.

These errors are showing in the log: PHP Warning: Cannot declare class

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: Cannot declare class Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\DefinitionDecorator, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/mautic-install.com/hub.mautic-install.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ChildDefinition.php on line 126, referer: https://hub.mautic-install.com/s/login

Apache error

2020-06-14 09:55:29

Warning

mod_fcgid: stderr: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to undefined method Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ChildDefinition::setPrivate() - in file /var/www/vhosts/mautic-install.com/hub.mautic-install.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ChildDefinition.php - at line 33, referer: https://hub.mautic-install.com/s/login

Apache error

Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\DefinitionDecorator, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/mautic-install.com/hub.mautic-install.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ChildDefinition.php on line 126

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ChildDefinition::setPrivate() in /var/www/vhosts/mautic-install.com/hub.mautic-install.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ChildDefinition.php:33

Stack trace:

#0 /var/www/vhosts/mautic-install.com/hub.mautic-install.com/vendor/symfony/swiftmailer-bundle/DependencyInjection/SwiftmailerExtension.php(402): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ChildDefinition->__construct(‘swiftmailer.tra…’)

#1 /var/www/vhosts/mautic-install.com/hub.mautic-install.com/vendor/symfony/swiftmailer-bundle/DependencyInjection/SwiftmailerExtension.php(72): Symfony\Bundle\SwiftmailerBundle\DependencyInjection\SwiftmailerExtension->createChildDefinition(‘swiftmailer.tra…’)

#2 /var/www/vhosts/mautic-install.com/hub.mautic-install.com/vendor/symfony/swiftmailer-bundle/DependencyInjection/SwiftmailerExtension.php(57): Symfony\Bundle\SwiftmailerBundle\DependencyInjection\SwiftmailerExtension->configureMailer(‘default’, Array, Object(Symfony\Component\Depe in /var/www/vhosts/mautic-install.com/hub.mautic-install.com/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ChildDefinition.php on line 33

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: Cleared cache
Cursed under my breath, rebooted server, drank coffee image

Firstly I feel your pain. Secondly - is this a fresh install or something that went wrong after things were working.

An upgrade from 2.16.2 to 2.16.3 had failed so the server was rolled back via snapshot. Everything seemed ok. A campaign was sending overnight and these errors began to show in logs as cron job errors.
Ran through recommendations listed in mautic documentation for upgrade issues to no avail. It was decided to restore the domain only (via plesk backup) and the errors persisted. We can continue to restore from older and older known working copies until we hit one that works but the preference is to fix whatever is causing this issue so we can then upgrade eventually to 3.0

Above my pay grade unfortunately. Would love to be able to help, only suggestion is a few more coffees and wait for someone a bit more technical to shed some light here.

Good luck