You have requested a non-existent parameter "b"

My Mautic version is: 2.6.12
My PHP version is: 7.2.24

My problem is:

I’m now at my 8th time installing Mautic fresh today without any success :frowning:
I’m installing it on a Droplet on DigitalOcean. A couple of months ago I successfully installed an older version without an issue. Now I started fresh 8 times today and still can’t make it work.

After the installer step 3 I’m getting the default page that the site is offline.

I’m getting that error in the Apache log:

Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ParameterNotFoundException: You have requested a non-existent parameter “b”. Did you mean one of these: “kernel.debug”, "k$…

If I delete the Mautic folder, download again the source, unzip, change permission on folders the setup is loading but always hang at the end and the same error in the log.

Really need help or I will be going crazy :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you’re having problems getting up and running with Mautic.

Can you talk us through the steps you’re taking to configure your droplet and install Mautic?

I followed those steps,

Thanks

OK, so when you get to the third step, can you share the full error log not just this line? Is there anything else around there?

A couple of things I found searching for similar errors are that perhaps point at the database not being unicode. According to the tutorial you mentioned, you’re not specifying a collation.

Maybe try using this command instead:

CREATE DATABASE db_name CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci (reference MySQL command, reference bug report)

See if that makes any difference? Also maybe try using a password without foreign characters if that still causes a problem? Let us know how you get on!

Thanks I tried and getting the same result. In my attempt yesterday I verified that the character set was utf8mb4 and also found that we need to use password (a-z, A-Z, 0-9).

This is the full error log I’m getting. Thanks trying to help :slight_smile:

[Wed Apr 15 15:54:04.435458 2020] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 27551] AH00163: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) OpenSSL/1.1.1 configured – resuming normal operations

[Wed Apr 15 15:54:04.435612 2020] [core:notice] [pid 27551] AH00094: Command line: ‘/usr/sbin/apache2’

[Wed Apr 15 15:56:07.296739 2020] [php7:notice] [pid 27574] [client 76.65.50.141:55731] Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ParameterNotFoundException: You have requested a non-existent parameter “b”. Did you mean one of these: “kernel.debug”, “kernel.bundles”, “kernel.bundles_metadata”, “mautic.bundles”, “mautic.plugin.bundles”, “mautic.webroot”, “mautic.db_driver”, “mautic.db_host”, “mautic.db_port”, “mautic.db_name”, “mautic.db_user”, “mautic.db_password”, “mautic.db_table_prefix”, “mautic.db_server_version”, “mautic.rememberme_key”, “mautic.rememberme_lifetime”, “mautic.rememberme_path”, “mautic.rememberme_domain”, “mautic.update_stability”, “mautic.do_not_track_bots”, “mautic.batch_sleep_time”, “mautic.batch_campaign_sleep_time”, “mautic.api_enabled”, “mautic.api_enable_basic_auth”, “mautic.api_batch_max_limit”, “mautic.dashboard_import_dir”, “mautic.dashboard_import_user_dir”, “mautic.mailer_convert_embed_images”, “mautic.unsubscribe_text”, “mautic.webview_text”, “mautic.unsubscribe_message”, “mautic.resubscribe_message”, “mautic.email_frequency_number”, “mautic.mailer_mailjet_sandbox”, “mautic.mailer_mailjet_sandbox_default_mail”, “mautic.disable_trackable_urls”, “mautic.blacklisted_extensions”, … , “security.access.always_authenticate_before_granting”? - in file /var/www/html/mautic/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php - at line 84, referer: https://marketing.MYDOMAINNAME.COM/installer/step/3

There is nothing more in the log.

Thanks again!

There is a working procedure somewhere to install the latest version without issues? :slight_smile:
I was expecting that starting with a fresh install on a fresh Ubuntu server it would work first time.

Tried other stuff today and there is no way to install Mautic it’s always crashing after step 3.

regards