Open Rate dropped since update

Your software
My Mautic version is: v2.15.2
My PHP version is:

Your problem
My problem is:

My open rate is usually 20% but since I upgraded it has dropped to 5% - it also climbs very slowly where as it usually climbs quickly after sending. This suggests to me that it’s a smaller % of people being recorded as opening.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Interesting, Can you provide more data about your setup, which email provider are you using, etc…

Hi, I’m using a small company called greennet, it’s an ip shared with small ethical business and charities.

My mautic is hosted on a linode server.

I’m not actually sure the number of email opens is really down btw, we get a boost in sales after sending that seems about right, maybe a little higher than normal actually. I was wondering if it could be a change in how opens are recorded

annafjmorris

November 12

Hi, I’m using a small company called greennet, it’s an ip shared with small ethical business and charities. My mautic is hosted on a linode server. I’m not actually sure the number of email opens is really down btw, we get a boost in sales after sending that seems about right, maybe a little highe…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Yosu_Cadilla

November 12

Interesting, Can you provide more data about your setup, which email provider are you using, etc…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi, so I found the answer - when I upgraded, pixel tracking was turned off in settings (I definitely did not do this)

I worked it out by looking at how many individuals clicked on links (I had to put all my link open data in a spreadsheet and use a filter to remove duplicates). I saw that the number of individuals opening links (one or more links each) was the same as the number of opens, therefore the only method of tacking opens was link clicks. This must mean that link tracking was off.

I fixed it like this

Cog Icon > Configuration > Email Settings

then switch Append tracking pixel into email body to yes