Opens Email Not Getting Tracked

Hi guys. I need your help troubleshooting something with my campaign.

I was just wondering what could be the reason why Mautic is not tracking my Opens Email in Campaigns.

Everything in my campaign has been tracked okay so far (>>>example page hits, form submission, etc.<<<) except for the last part wherein I sent the user a thank you email > if user opens thank you email > add 5 points… that’s it. This last 2 part of my campaign - if user opens thank you email > add 5 points - is not getting tracked by Mautic.

I used a test email, one which I never used before, and when that email arrived, I opened it. So I was expecting that mautic would report this in my Manage Campaigns section but it’s saying Opens email 0 % and Adjust lead points 0 %.

Hope you guys could give an input on this… am I missing something here? Thanks in advance!

Hi guys. I need your help troubleshooting something with my campaign.

I was just wondering what could be the reason why Mautic is not tracking my Opens Email in Campaigns.

Everything in my campaign has been tracked okay so far (>>>example page hits, form submission, etc.<<<) except for the last part wherein I sent the user a thank you email > if user opens thank you email > add 5 points… that’s it. This last 2 part of my campaign - if user opens thank you email > add 5 points - is not getting tracked by Mautic.

I used a test email, one which I never used before, and when that email arrived, I opened it. So I was expecting that mautic would report this in my Manage Campaigns section but it’s saying Opens email 0 % and Adjust lead points 0 %.

Hope you guys could give an input on this… am I missing something here? Thanks in advance!

I think if the recipients mail client does not automatically download images, Mautic is unable to track the open.

Hi @davidjb.

I am using gmail for testings. Can you please explain what you meant by “if the recipients mail client does not automatically download images”?

FF.UP:

@davidjb, I think you are referring to this:

I did some more testings and it is true, the mail client (in my test it’s Gmail) does not automatically download images, so I had to click on “display images below” in order for Mautic Open Email tracking to work.

Is there a workaround on this? It would be nice if people don’t need to click that “display images below” link in order for the tracking to work, as I am sure not everybody would click that.

Fuzzboy, I don’t think you can track without an image, not reliably anyway, because javascript is removed by a lot of email clients.

You can add an image that will display even when a user has images turned off by using base64 encoding. This won’t track the open, because it’s not making a server request.

Hi, I have this same problem. I have not found a solution, you have achieved something?

There is no workaround. Email tracking by an image is not 100% accurate, but it’s the best technique there is. All services which tracks email open actions works exactly like that.

That said, I personally prefer to use the Visits a Page action after email sand. That way I know for sure that a lead opened the email and clicked the link in it. Although it also isn’t 100% accurate because someone could configure his browser not to open images or some add blockers also block tracking pixels. Again, there is no way around it.

1 Like

You could try adding an image (or a couple of images) with compelling alt text, which may get the user to click the “Display images” button.

I usually include a company header/logo so there’s a big empty box at the top of the email if images aren’t allowed.

I’m not sure if GMail remembers that you’ve allowed images for a particular sender, though.