Other SMTP Issues

I’ve tried time and again to get this working with external mail providers. This is the second host that i’ve installed Mautic on.

This happens with both amazon SES and sendgrid. I figured SES was a little too complex for my needs so tried sendgrid.

“Connection could not be established with host smtp.sendgrid.net [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.sendgrid.net [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0)

++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.sendgrid.net [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0)”

i’ve checked with the host that all ports are open, tried every configuration of the settings possible and i still get the same error.

ive installed wordpress on another subdomain and installed the sendgrid plugin, that worked first time.

I don’t have SSH access.

Any help much appreciated as i’ve almost given up with it.

settings

I’ve tried time and again to get this working with external mail providers. This is the second host that i’ve installed Mautic on.

This happens with both amazon SES and sendgrid. I figured SES was a little too complex for my needs so tried sendgrid.

“Connection could not be established with host smtp.sendgrid.net [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.sendgrid.net [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0)
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.sendgrid.net [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0)”

i’ve checked with the host that all ports are open, tried every configuration of the settings possible and i still get the same error.
ive installed wordpress on another subdomain and installed the sendgrid plugin, that worked first time.

I don’t have SSH access.

Any help much appreciated as i’ve almost given up with it.

settings

Have you tried something other than TLS for SendGrid?

Also, have you tried messing around with other ports?

https://sendgrid.com/docs/Classroom/Basics/Email_Infrastructure/recommended_smtp_settings.html

Use port 25, 2525, or 587 for unencrypted / TLS connections
Use port 465 for SSL connections

Here’s a previous ticket that looks like hit the same exact issue: https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/1051-sendgrid-connection-error/0

Like I said, i’ve tried all of the settings. Ive followed all of the online advice, and the fact that sendgrid works fine with a wordpress plugin with the exact same credentials leads me to think the server is ok?

Would you like for me to private message you an SES username and password so you can test that sending method? If it works I can you walk you through the SES setup… it’s pretty simple (assuming you can make a DNS entry).

@globalavs email me at jninhilario@gmail.com i have something that maybe can help you

caleb.hurd that would be useful yes just to test.

MxyzptlkFishStix, i have a wordpress installation on a subdomain on the same server which sends fine using the sendgrid plugin and the same credentials. so im assuming all outgoing ports, permissions, firewalls etc are open as that wouldnt send either would it?

i wasnt using the smtp plugin, i tried and that failed too.
got in touch my host and they have said the following

Forwarding the mail to SendGrid mail server using a authentication will require exim to setup according to the SendGrid authentication.
As this is a shared server, it will be applied for all the users…

You need a VPS for this purpose to set a EXIM to send all the mails though mail server.

is that correct, it is beyond my understanding now…

@globalavs im using Sendgrid in shared hosted without problem…

thanks for your help, I think i’ll go with option 5 and give up on Mautic altogether and find another way to do what i need to.

Thanks for the help though, i’ve got a little further, and expanded my knowledge at the same time.
i’m presuming this is why Amazon SES fails as well.

ive got an ec2 instance vps (windows), could i use that?

Getting the same errors.

I’ve switched hosts for my client because his original host told me the same; he’s now on a host that has all outbound SMTP ports open by default, and I am STILL unable to connect via SMTP to any mail service.

Credentials are all good, I’m able to connect via SMTP through any other service; the fact that there are many other people having the same timeout errors regardless of host or SMTP service leads me to believe that this is a problem somewhere in the guts of Mautic, but apparently for only new installs (?). I’m wondering if it was maybe introduced in the 2.0 series? Just speculating, because I’ve gotten it working in the past with no problem. Perhaps it works on upgrade if it was set up before… but on a new install, something goes wonky? Is that possible?

@MxyzptlkFishStix

Host is SiteGround.

Thanks, I’ll try to create an account somehow if I can.