"Page hit" event type doesn't appear in the main history tab (contact)

Hello,
You said the key sentence:
Elementor / Elementric does incoplete tracking.

This is what happens:

1. Your visitors come to the website. They get a Mautic ID, saved in the Mautic cookie and appear as uknown contact.
  2. They fill out the form. You’ll see, that the unknown contact has visited the page. But you’ll also notice a new entry in the form associated with a new contact with a new contact id. The uknown contact won’t get a new mautic cookie placed, it won’t be overwritten, it will be ignored.
  3. The visitor comes back / continous to visit. It should be now an identified contact, but it’s not, because the mautic cookie is still the old one belonging to the uknown contact. The newly identified contact’s cookie is not placed anywhere.

The problem is that Elementor doesn’t send contact id of the unknown person, just creates a new contact. At the same time the new contact id is not saved in the cookie.

The solution would be the ability for elementric to read out the mautic cookie, and post this info together with the form fields. I could never make it work.

This is why I use the Mautic Default forms. Since I can be creative with the design and embed the code, I don’t look back at any other form builder.

Joey

1 Like