Personalised Email Templates

Hi Mautic

1. Looking at your predefined email template tags that Mautic provides
Code:
<?php $view['slots']->output('header'); ?>
is it possible to bring back an HTML block of code that might be the same each time but might need small changes.

The block of code below is the same but depending on the email I might want to remove the unsubscribe link or even change the preheader text
Code:
EmailReady gives you visibility how your emails render in over 70+ email clients - desktop, web and mobile
This message was sent to {leadfield=email} by EmailReady View your Email Online | You can Unsubscribe

2. Can these tags be used more than once i.e.
Code:
<?php $view['slots']->output('footer'); ?>
and
Code:
<?php $view['slots']->output('footer-terms'); ?>

The reason I am asking in some cases the way that the tables are structured its not easy just to say this is my "footer" without changing the whole style.

Hi Mautic

1. Looking at your predefined email template tags that Mautic provides <?php $view['slots']->output('header'); ?> is it possible to bring back an HTML block of code that might be the same each time but might need small changes.

The block of code below is the same but depending on the email I might want to remove the unsubscribe link or even change the preheader text

[code]
EmailReady gives you visibility how your emails render in over 70+ email clients - desktop, web and mobile

This message was sent to {leadfield=email} by EmailReady View your Email Online | You can Unsubscribe
[/code]
  1. Can these tags be used more than once i.e. <?php $view['slots']->output('footer'); ?> and <?php $view['slots']->output('footer-terms'); ?>

The reason I am asking in some cases the way that the tables are structured its not easy just to say this is my “footer” without changing the whole style.

Can subject lines be personalized with {leadfield=firstname}

Hi Lance,

If using the custom HTML, you won’t be able to use the PHP slots as custom HTML doesn’t evaluate PHP.

What are you wanting to use as the deciding factor for when to send an email with an unsubscribe link versus one without? Or are you wanting to build some custom templates with the text hardcoded?

Right now, subject lines are not parsed for tokens. If you want, add that to https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues and we’ll get it prioritized into the roadmap.

Thanks!
Alan

Hi Alan

You have 3 areas in your template header, body and footer it would be nice if we could extend on that i.e. content units that you can call dynamically. The reason I ask it some areas never change but if you hard code your unsubscribe, terms and conditions, special offers you turn on and off - otherwise you can’t use that template for the contact us. Am I making sense?

I think I understand. If such a feature existed, what would be the most desirable work flow for utilizing such a feature? For example, the ability to create custom tokens that can be dragged and dropped into the builder? Or maybe a button in the editor that opens a dialogue where you can manage/insert predefined text blocks. Is that kind of what you’re wanting?

Thanks!
Alan

Hi Alan

A button would be the best option that way it won’t clutter the workspace

Regards
Lance

Lance,

Could you create this as a feature request on Github with the details so we don’t lose it in the clutter of the forum?

Thanks!
Alan