"Please wait" on form submission

I’ve built a new form and tried inserting it using both the manual copy and the automatic method seperately but neither move on from clicking the form submit button. I’ve checked the logs and there is nothing in there and what’s interesting is that the form submission is actually captured within Mautic correctly including the IP address and location correctly identified.

For some reason, whether I select remain, redirect or display a message the situation is the same it just hangs on the button “Please Wait”. My system is a fresh install of the latest version on Ubuntu 16.04 and the service is hosted on a https://cloud.mydomain.com whilst the webpage with the form is https://mydomain.com

I am relatively new to Mautic but pretty good with LAMP but this has me beat!

Massive kudos if someone can point me in the right direction and beer if you’re local :-)

I’ve built a new form and tried inserting it using both the manual copy and the automatic method seperately but neither move on from clicking the form submit button. I’ve checked the logs and there is nothing in there and what’s interesting is that the form submission is actually captured within Mautic correctly including the IP address and location correctly identified.

For some reason, whether I select remain, redirect or display a message the situation is the same it just hangs on the button “Please Wait”. My system is a fresh install of the latest version on Ubuntu 16.04 and the service is hosted on a https://cloud.mydomain.com whilst the webpage with the form is https://mydomain.com

I am relatively new to Mautic but pretty good with LAMP but this has me beat!

Massive kudos if someone can point me in the right direction and beer if you’re local :slight_smile:

try to use the option to rebuild forms

If you mean go to the terminal and do it I tried this with console campaigns:rebuild but that didn’t change anything. I tried mautic:forms:rebuild but got this:

There are no commands defined in the "mautic:forms" namespace. Did you mean one of these? mautic:theme mautic mautic:iplookup mautic:citrix mautic:webhooks mautic:pushactivity mautic:fetchleads mautic:integration mautic:segments mautic:email mautic:emails mautic:transifex mautic:campaigns mautic:maintenance mautic:translation mautic:migrations mautic:update mautic:assets mautic:install mautic:messages mautic:broadcasts mautic:social

I just created a new single textbox form and a totally separate webserver and I’m getting the same issue. Mautic correctly adds the new contact, tracks the IP address etc and there is nothing in the logs to help me.

Totally stumped and gutted, love Mautic!

Figured out how to rebuild the forms but didn’t work. Also read on Google someone had tried to change the ownership of the /var/lib/php/sessions to www-data:www-data and even though sessions were correctly being created in the directory I tried that too. Nothing.

Is there anyone who can help me get to the bottom of this desperate now and it’s at the point I’m going to have to go down Agile CRM which is not ideal for me.

Cheers

@JohnnyDisco Don’t give up on Mautic!

We encountered the same issue with version 2.6.0 and 2.6.1.
Backup your current installation, then try following this guide to downgrade to 2.5.1.
That did the trick for us in resolving forms hanging at “Please wait”. In 2.6.0, mautic-form.js was also being pulled from the wrong directory, breaking required field validation.

Any news here?

I just test Mautic, and this is a real show stopper. Version 2.9.2 is the latest one. So downgrading to 2.5.1 is not an option in my eyes.

I’d like to use Mautic because from what I saw in a few hours there are a lot of great features and details. (And I worked with quite a few of the expensive marketing automation systems over the last year. So I know what I’m talking about.) But the fact that a bug like this is not fixed over the course of three minor releases, prevents me from using the software. I’d try to fix it if I were a better programmer. :wink: But since I’m not, I think I’ll just wait one or two years and test Mautic again.

Just found a newer discussion about this problem. So it’s better to discuss it there.

Same issue! Though my standard forms work, one that triggers a download asset just sticks on please wait.

Very frustrating.