Points for clicking a link in an email

We are trying to build a set of rules for assigning points to certain actions. One of these rules should assign points to a user that clicks on a link in an email. Unfortunately this is not possible in Mautic at the moment. I can only assign points for opening an email or for visiting a landing page (which could be the target for the link). But as the landing page is a regular page on our website, I cannot assign points for visiting this page because every user, who visits this page (i.e. through the regular navigation on the website), would get these points. But I want to limit it to users who visit the page through the email. Is there any workaround for this?

We are trying to build a set of rules for assigning points to certain actions. One of these rules should assign points to a user that clicks on a link in an email. Unfortunately this is not possible in Mautic at the moment. I can only assign points for opening an email or for visiting a landing page (which could be the target for the link). But as the landing page is a regular page on our website, I cannot assign points for visiting this page because every user, who visits this page (i.e. through the regular navigation on the website), would get these points. But I want to limit it to users who visit the page through the email. Is there any workaround for this?

1 Like

Make hear your voice here: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/3056

This should be a Feature Request.

I know this post is 6 years old but the issue is equally valid today since this still isn’t in the latest Mautic.

It is probably safe to assume anyone who’s interested in tracking points for email opens would be interested in tracking points for email links clicked.

EP