Position of Mautic in Sales and Marketing processes

Hi,

I’m trying to understand what the big idea is of Mautic and where it is positioned in the Sales and Marketing process. I have multiple systems in place and have to know how integrations should be setup in the whole landschap containing. Vtiger, Wordpress, Mailchimp, Outlook 2016 local client.

Basically I get the feeling that Mautic positions itself as the starting point of all Marketing and Sales related activities. This feeling comes from seeing that the integration with a CRM like Vtiger is a one way sync and the same goes for Mailchimp. In my case however I already have a Vtiger CRM with over 10.000 companies and 6000 contact persons. Does Mautic expect me to export them all, Import them in Mautic and from now on only create new contact in Mautic and push them to Vtiger?

I understand that leads that are generated by the Marketing process should be passed on to the Sales process, thus Mautic pushed leads to CRM (In my case Vtiger). But I also do Marketing for existing customers and potentials that are already in my CRM. For example sending an invite to meet at an upcoming event. When contacting a prospect I would work from my CRM and would like to see the data, about what marketing has done. That required a bidirectional integration.

One of the really big successes I’m having now is the following:

Using mailchimp I send an email to a group and add the following buttons:

• No contact

• contact me in in 6 Months

• contact me in 12 Months

• Schedule a meeting now (A link to an Iframed Calendly page on my site)

• Visit website

Since Mailchimp can show on a per email basis who visited which link, I can see which email address wants what. Of course I would like to automatically create tasks in my CRM for follow-up and for me that is where Mautic comes in.

However, I also want to remove the anonymity of the visitors of my website. So any statistics gathered in Mailchimp that help to de-anonymize website visitors should be pushed to Mautic right? So why is de Mautic Mailchimp integration a oneway street?

Next. I also send email to prospects using Outlook 2016 local install. Tracking if the mail is opened is nice. Tracking if the links in the emails are clicked is much better. But most of all I want to record the IPaddress – Email combination and use that in the website statistics to see what pages they visited.

The Outlook plugin doesn’t seem to track links in emails that are send out of outlook. Nor does it add a contact in Mautic including the email address (only IP)

So Basically I expect a lot of functionality in Mautic that I can’t find, which could be causes by three reasons:

1. It is not working as it is support to be
  2. The functionality has not yet been developed but might be
  3. Mautic looks at it in a different way.

Could you help me and tell me if it is 1,2, or 3?

Hi,

I’m trying to understand what the big idea is of Mautic and where it is positioned in the Sales and Marketing process. I have multiple systems in place and have to know how integrations should be setup in the whole landschap containing. Vtiger, Wordpress, Mailchimp, Outlook 2016 local client.
Basically I get the feeling that Mautic positions itself as the starting point of all Marketing and Sales related activities. This feeling comes from seeing that the integration with a CRM like Vtiger is a one way sync and the same goes for Mailchimp. In my case however I already have a Vtiger CRM with over 10.000 companies and 6000 contact persons. Does Mautic expect me to export them all, Import them in Mautic and from now on only create new contact in Mautic and push them to Vtiger?

I understand that leads that are generated by the Marketing process should be passed on to the Sales process, thus Mautic pushed leads to CRM (In my case Vtiger). But I also do Marketing for existing customers and potentials that are already in my CRM. For example sending an invite to meet at an upcoming event. When contacting a prospect I would work from my CRM and would like to see the data, about what marketing has done. That required a bidirectional integration.

One of the really big successes I’m having now is the following:
Using mailchimp I send an email to a group and add the following buttons:
• No contact
• contact me in in 6 Months
• contact me in 12 Months
• Schedule a meeting now (A link to an Iframed Calendly page on my site)
• Visit website
Since Mailchimp can show on a per email basis who visited which link, I can see which email address wants what. Of course I would like to automatically create tasks in my CRM for follow-up and for me that is where Mautic comes in.

However, I also want to remove the anonymity of the visitors of my website. So any statistics gathered in Mailchimp that help to de-anonymize website visitors should be pushed to Mautic right? So why is de Mautic Mailchimp integration a oneway street?
Next. I also send email to prospects using Outlook 2016 local install. Tracking if the mail is opened is nice. Tracking if the links in the emails are clicked is much better. But most of all I want to record the IPaddress – Email combination and use that in the website statistics to see what pages they visited.
The Outlook plugin doesn’t seem to track links in emails that are send out of outlook. Nor does it add a contact in Mautic including the email address (only IP)
So Basically I expect a lot of functionality in Mautic that I can’t find, which could be causes by three reasons:

1. It is not working as it is support to be
  2. The functionality has not yet been developed but might be
  3. Mautic looks at it in a different way.

Could you help me and tell me if it is 1,2, or 3?