Sending emails through mailchimp?

Hello All,

I am a brand new Mautic user, as well as being brand new to marketing automation! I have a question about how Mailchimp “talks to” Mautic / Suite CRM. Currently, I have successfully integrated Mailchimp with Mautic, have mailing lists set up in Mailchimp, have all of my current contacts imported to Suite CRM. I want to create a campaign to send to my current (Mailchimp) list that contains a link to my blog so that I can start to capture information on those contacts that click on the link and come to my site. I have 3 main questions on how to do this:

1. Do I need to create a campaign for this in Mautic?
  2. Does my current list have to be in Mautic as well as Mailchimp?
  3. Do I create the email in Mailchimp or Mautic?

Any helpful advice on this would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Hello All,

I am a brand new Mautic user, as well as being brand new to marketing automation! I have a question about how Mailchimp “talks to” Mautic / Suite CRM. Currently, I have successfully integrated Mailchimp with Mautic, have mailing lists set up in Mailchimp, have all of my current contacts imported to Suite CRM. I want to create a campaign to send to my current (Mailchimp) list that contains a link to my blog so that I can start to capture information on those contacts that click on the link and come to my site. I have 3 main questions on how to do this:

1. Do I need to create a campaign for this in Mautic?
  2. Does my current list have to be in Mautic as well as Mailchimp?
  3. Do I create the email in Mailchimp or Mautic?

Any helpful advice on this would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Mailchimp and Mautic are quite competitive platforms really. I actually cannot think of a solution I’d use both of them in one project. But maybe I miss some crucial information to be able to see a value in the Mautic - Mailchimp connection.

If you want Mautic to track email opens and other lead actions, send emails through Mautic. And vice versa. If you want Mailchimp to track lead actions, use Mailchimp to send emails. I think that answers all your questions.

Thank you, that makes sense!

Hi,

Quite new to Mautic, in fact I just signed up. Been using Mailchimp but would like to move to an open source platform with all its attendant benefits. Glad to read escopecz’s comment that both Mautic and MC are competitive hinting they have similar features.

Hello all,

I’m new to mautic as well.
I guess the reason I would like to use mail chimp to send my emails instead of mautic is for the design and layout.
I can’t seem to create a “nice looking” newsletter in mautic as I could using Mailchimp. It seems that I need some development skills that I don’t really have.

Have any of you run into this problem ?

Mailchimp and other email services are setup for sending emails. If you use mautic on your server to send out a lot of emails you risk your users/clients email getting marked as spam.

@AWDD what do you use to send out your emails?

I am trying to setup mailchimp, if that is what you are asking. Otherwise, I have a server I maintain. I don’t want hundreds of emails going through the server from a single client or numerous clients. It will give the ip a bad reputation and affect my clients.

As someone said the idea of integrating Mailchimp is to avoid any potential problems with emails send via Mautic Server that it can be flagged as SPAM.

I reviewed the Mailchimp Integration available but its just a integration that moves leads/contacts to Mailchimp to do campaigns there, apparently there is no way to make clone segments from Mautic to Mailchimp.

anybody working on this?