Getting basic functionality to work

I am looking to implement Mautic with a pre-existing campaign management system that our company uses. We essentially just need a system that handles the emailing and user-event tracking in the email. Mautic seems perfect for this solution.

The plan is to implement just the mailing functionality and reporting for now, while keeping our current event triggering and campaign scheduling as they are. We have created customized software for all of the dirty back-end of campaigning that integrates with our Point of Sale solution, and is very intricate in the method it can generate triggers and targeted campaigns.

Ideally we can simply create Email templates in Mautic, then trigger emails to be sent via a web-service call from our PoS to the server hosting Mautic, populate variable fields in the email template with data sent over the web-call (our Campaign Manager handles the text content of the email, so we just need it populated), and then send said email to a list of leads, or we could preferably create Lead lists on-the-fly via the same web service.

I have started trying to test out Mautic’s functionality, but I cannot seem to get anything to work as I would expect it. I believe I’m missing a core understanding of expected email workflow, preferred methods of triggering and how Campaigns and Emails differ/are similar.

When I create a new Email, I must choose between Template and List email. These options are explained, and I understand them. For most of my needs, I believe the List Email will be completely sufficient. So, I create a list with my 3-4 test users, then go back to Email and build a new basic email with Lorem Ipsum title/text. I select the proper Lead list on the right, give some “test123” internal name, and then Save and Close.

This is my first point of confusion. How does this email ever get sent? Is it supposed to be sent as soon as I Save and Close? As far as I can tell there are no triggers linked to it, except potentially some trigger I haven’t read about that’s related to the Lead List. When looking into manually triggering this email to fire, I only see the option to trigger Campaigns to fire, and not List Emails, using

Code:
php app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger --env=prod

I've also attempted to create campaigns to trigger the sending of these emails so that I can atleast test the functionality and variable support. However, I have been unsuccessful in getting emails to send from campaigns either. In the Campaign Builder, I build the following:
Lead Sources: Lead lists - here I select the list I made with my 3 test users.
Actions: Send email - Here I create a new email with Lorem Ipsum content. I have tried using all three of the Set Action Timing options When Triggered, Wait and Schedule, however I cannot get this campaign to ever send the email.
Decisions: Opens email
Actions: Opens email = YES - Update Lead; set title to "Open"
Actions: Opens email = NO - Update Lead; set title to "NotOpen"

I've scheduled cron jobs and run via ssh the
Code:
php app/console maugic:campaign:trigger --env=prod
command but it is to no avail. I can, however, send test emails successfully. I have tried the exact same setup both on a local VM running CentOS 7, and by registering a free *.mautic.com subdomain, so I do not believe it is an issue with my test environment.

If anyone could point me in a direction that leads to successful sending of emails then it would be very much appreciated!

I am looking to implement Mautic with a pre-existing campaign management system that our company uses. We essentially just need a system that handles the emailing and user-event tracking in the email. Mautic seems perfect for this solution.

The plan is to implement just the mailing functionality and reporting for now, while keeping our current event triggering and campaign scheduling as they are. We have created customized software for all of the dirty back-end of campaigning that integrates with our Point of Sale solution, and is very intricate in the method it can generate triggers and targeted campaigns.

Ideally we can simply create Email templates in Mautic, then trigger emails to be sent via a web-service call from our PoS to the server hosting Mautic, populate variable fields in the email template with data sent over the web-call (our Campaign Manager handles the text content of the email, so we just need it populated), and then send said email to a list of leads, or we could preferably create Lead lists on-the-fly via the same web service.

I have started trying to test out Mautic’s functionality, but I cannot seem to get anything to work as I would expect it. I believe I’m missing a core understanding of expected email workflow, preferred methods of triggering and how Campaigns and Emails differ/are similar.

When I create a new Email, I must choose between Template and List email. These options are explained, and I understand them. For most of my needs, I believe the List Email will be completely sufficient. So, I create a list with my 3-4 test users, then go back to Email and build a new basic email with Lorem Ipsum title/text. I select the proper Lead list on the right, give some “test123” internal name, and then Save and Close.

This is my first point of confusion. How does this email ever get sent? Is it supposed to be sent as soon as I Save and Close? As far as I can tell there are no triggers linked to it, except potentially some trigger I haven’t read about that’s related to the Lead List. When looking into manually triggering this email to fire, I only see the option to trigger Campaigns to fire, and not List Emails, using php app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger --env=prod.

I’ve also attempted to create campaigns to trigger the sending of these emails so that I can atleast test the functionality and variable support. However, I have been unsuccessful in getting emails to send from campaigns either. In the Campaign Builder, I build the following:
Lead Sources: Lead lists - here I select the list I made with my 3 test users.
Actions: Send email - Here I create a new email with Lorem Ipsum content. I have tried using all three of the Set Action Timing options When Triggered, Wait and Schedule, however I cannot get this campaign to ever send the email.
Decisions: Opens email
Actions: Opens email = YES - Update Lead; set title to “Open”
Actions: Opens email = NO - Update Lead; set title to “NotOpen”

I’ve scheduled cron jobs and run via ssh the php app/console maugic:campaign:trigger --env=prod command but it is to no avail. I can, however, send test emails successfully. I have tried the exact same setup both on a local VM running CentOS 7, and by registering a free *.mautic.com subdomain, so I do not believe it is an issue with my test environment.

If anyone could point me in a direction that leads to successful sending of emails then it would be very much appreciated!