Pregenerated Mautic configuration?

I’m attempting to get Mautic running on cloudron.io. Cloudron is a bit like CPanel in that you can install a series of apps on your server. Unlike CPanel, the apps run in Docker containers, sharing access to the same database/queue/other service instances. Additionally, Cloudron package manifests can request access to MTAs/IMAP servers for sending/receiving mail, along with scheduling cron jobs and more.

When I launch a Cloudron app, it comes up with a database/user/password already provisioned. It also has credentials to send mail, and knows the external URL where it can be accessed. I currently have a partially functional package, but a pain point is that I’m always sent through the configuration process. I’ve tried pre-generating a local.php with Mautic’s credentials and other details, but I’m still led through the process and the file gets rewritten. Further, while the database fields are pre-populated, the MTA fields aren’t, and I have to fill them in manually despite them already being present in local.php. Finally, I assign site_url to the Cloudron-issued URL, which is its own subdomain provisioned with an HTTPS cert. The URL always gets rewritten to http, though, and I’m hitting some issues after installation that are likely caused by this (I can never import a dashboard, and am always redirected back to the same import screen.)

Is the config system documented anywhere? What would be helpful is something like local.protected.php, where I can pre-fill configuration parameters that can’t ever be changed. The user would then be unable to change database/MTA credentials away from those assigned by the platform. I’m also currently rewriting local.php on every restart, which is obviously suboptimal.

Thanks.

I’m attempting to get Mautic running on cloudron.io. Cloudron is a bit like CPanel in that you can install a series of apps on your server. Unlike CPanel, the apps run in Docker containers, sharing access to the same database/queue/other service instances. Additionally, Cloudron package manifests can request access to MTAs/IMAP servers for sending/receiving mail, along with scheduling cron jobs and more.

When I launch a Cloudron app, it comes up with a database/user/password already provisioned. It also has credentials to send mail, and knows the external URL where it can be accessed. I currently have a partially functional package, but a pain point is that I’m always sent through the configuration process. I’ve tried pre-generating a local.php with Mautic’s credentials and other details, but I’m still led through the process and the file gets rewritten. Further, while the database fields are pre-populated, the MTA fields aren’t, and I have to fill them in manually despite them already being present in local.php. Finally, I assign site_url to the Cloudron-issued URL, which is its own subdomain provisioned with an HTTPS cert. The URL always gets rewritten to http, though, and I’m hitting some issues after installation that are likely caused by this (I can never import a dashboard, and am always redirected back to the same import screen.)

Is the config system documented anywhere? What would be helpful is something like local.protected.php, where I can pre-fill configuration parameters that can’t ever be changed. The user would then be unable to change database/MTA credentials away from those assigned by the platform. I’m also currently rewriting local.php on every restart, which is obviously suboptimal.

Thanks.

I did some rough scripts myself to build the config file (not that much actually needs to change in fact) so I can automate some testing and for my migration to new servers. Combining that with Ansible it was not bad though in the end due to issues I had getting Mautic to with nginx under Docker I didn’t go as far as I would have liked. But it should be possible to fully do.

we are eagerly looking forward to use mautic on Cloudron; what can we help in order to get this working?

old thread… but it is possible to just install mautic via cloudron.