Preventing Duplicate lead import

Hi,

On a new install of mautic on Allyde, I successfully imported a lead list. I have a number of lists from different places, and have some duplicates on those lists.

When I imported a second list, I found that there were duplicates with exactly the same details in the list.

Is there a way to prevent duplicate leads (keyed perhaps on email address) from being imported?

Thanks,

Ariel

Hi,

On a new install of mautic on Allyde, I successfully imported a lead list. I have a number of lists from different places, and have some duplicates on those lists.
When I imported a second list, I found that there were duplicates with exactly the same details in the list.

Is there a way to prevent duplicate leads (keyed perhaps on email address) from being imported?

Thanks,
Ariel

HI Ariel,

I don’t have your answer, but noticed something similar. I was on a Google Hangouts webinar where they indicated that Mautic should merge leads automatically.

I observed this functionality didn’t work. Not sure if it’s a bug or a setting somewhere.

Dale

Hi Relbud and Dale

The importer keys for duplicates off of the ‘email’ field. So if you had two leads with the same email they would have been merged, assuming you mapped the CSVs ‘email’ field to Mautic’s email field. Can you try again and let me know if that doesn’t happen? If it doesn’t work, maybe you can send us (privately) the two CSVs and we can try with a test site and see if they aren’t merging correctly.

In addition to not allowing duplicate email addresses, wouldn’t it make sense to create a matchcode and eliminate or merge dupes based on the code?