Problems with failed web update

I was attempting to migrate from mautic 3.x to mautic 4.x using the update in the web console. That didn’t complete. So I dropped down and performed the steps outlined here - Mautic update failed - how to recover | Mautic

This is where I am stuck:

autopilot.coolreturns.ca > php bin/console doctrine:migration:migrate

++ adding generated column generated_email_domain
→ ALTER TABLE mauo1la_leads ADD generated_email_domain VARCHAR(255) AS (SUBSTRING(email, LOCATE("@", email) + 1)) COMMENT ‘(DC2Type:generated)’;
ALTER TABLE mauo1la_leads ADD INDEX mauo1la_generated_email_domain(generated_email_domain)

In AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 98:

An exception occurred while executing ‘ALTER TABLE mauo1la_leads ADD generated_email_domain VARCHAR(255) AS (SUBSTRING(email, LOCATE("@", email) + 1
)) COMMENT ‘(DC2Type:generated)’;
ALTER TABLE mauo1la_leads ADD INDEX mauo1la_generated_email_domain(generated_email_domain)’:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘ALTER TABLE m
auo1la_leads ADD INDEX mauo1la_generated_email_domain(generated_e’ at line 2

In ConnectionError.php line 21:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘ALTER TABLE m
auo1la_leads ADD INDEX mauo1la_generated_email_domain(generated_e’ at line 2

doctrine:migrations:migrate [–write-sql [WRITE-SQL]] [–dry-run] [–query-time] [–allow-no-migration] [–all-or-nothing [ALL-OR-NOTHING]] [–configuration [CONFIGURATION]] [–db-configuration [DB-CONFIGURATION]] [–db DB] [–em EM] [–shard SHARD] [-h|–help] [-q|–quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|–verbose] [-V|–version] [–ansi] [–no-ansi] [-n|–no-interaction] [-e|–env ENV] [–no-debug] [–] []

What do I do to resolve this?

With a simple forum search for your error message I found this thread with a solution:

Perhaps you could try that?

from my opinion Mauti needs more work, updates are so unreliable, they are buggy, how can you rely on a software if it can break any time…I think I am giving up beucase I see so many users breaking their mautic installations after upgrade…it is ridiculous…

@rotorfido maybe you saw that Ruth replied to this message with a solution within the same day of posting - this is amazing. No one here is getting paid to help others, it is a community where people support each other.

If you are having specific problems write them out here, there is a two fold benefit of this:

1. Maybe others have the same problem you are seeing.
  2. Someone will reach out and help you creating a solution for any one that falls into point 1.

I think Mautic is an amazing tool and has huge potential and we see it growing day by day.

1 Like