Product Team Meeting Notes - 24th August, 2021

0️⃣ Introductions - Who you are, where you’re located and how you’re involved with Mautic

mohit.aghera Hi, Mohit :wave:
Rahul :wave::skin-tone-3: , Rahul from Pune India. I am off track for a while but will start contributing again
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hey hey! Based in the very :sunny: UK :slightly_smiling_face: Working on the last two blocking issues for Mautic 4!

2️⃣ Update on Mautic 4 progress

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I have cleared out PRs and issues from the milestone which were not ready to be merged - we are now working on the last two PRs which are release-blocking.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) https://github.com/mautic/mautic/milestone/77
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We have a couple of other elements in the GrapesJS builder which are not going to be ready for release with the 4.0 release (preference centre block is almost complete, gated video has not yet been created, and dynamic content on landing pages and MJML emails is not yet implemented)

3️⃣ Bounty programme & funding update if any

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Bountysource is proving to be frustratingly buggy and really not working great. I have been looking into whether there are alternatives that we might look to use and https://rysolv.com seems like it might be a contender but they do not have the message on the GitHub issues like BountySource does.I have reached out to them with some questions and will let you know how that goes.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) ^ this also has lower fees for contributors, and they also reserve a % which is contributed back to the project
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) In terms of funding, we have been working with a freelance GrapesJS developer through UpWork in the Builders Initiative which has been positive so far. Also we have started this month sponsoring Dennis for 5-10 hours per week.I am putting together a policy for how we financially compensate contributors and would really value input from the community to ensure that we make it both fair and equitable (and sustainable for the project of course!)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) If you’d like to help with that please drop a message :slightly_smiling_face:

Participants:

mohit.aghera, Rahul, Ruth Cheesley (she/her)