Mautic Community Forums

Product Team Meeting Notes - 7th September, 2021

Hello @here! It is Tuesday again so let’s start product team meeting.
If you haven’t done an asynchronous meeting before, please respond in threads below :slightly_smiling_face:
Also note you can start a reply with :bust_in_silhouette: to be anon, or :no_entry_sign: to go off the record and not be included in the notes, which will be exported and posted on the Community Forums.
The meeting will be open for 24 hours, after which the notes will be exported. People may comment thereafter but these won’t be included in the notes.
Let’s get rolling! :arrow_down:

0️⃣ Introductions - Who you are, where you’re located and how you’re involved with Mautic

mohit.aghera Mohit here :wave:
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hello all!
Julio Roldos Hi everybody. Julio here, from Valencia :mautibot:

1️⃣ Review of last meeting’s notes and actions

mohit.aghera [https://forum.mautic.org/t/product-meeting-notes-24th-august-2021/20772](https://forum.mautic.org/t/product-meeting-notes-24th-august-2021/20772)

2️⃣ Update on Mautic 4 progress

mohit.aghera Few changes we did for Mautic 4 branching strategy:While creating a PRIf PR is a bug, destination branch will be 4.0If PR is a feature, destination branch will be 4.x
mohit.aghera We also need some support to review and update existing PRs accordingly.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Great effort from everyone who has helped us to get Mautic 4 launched! :tada: :mautibot:

3️⃣ Bounty programme & funding update if any

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We still have Bountysource active but it is really quite temperamental and is not always working. I have been looking to see if there are other options that might work a bit better. One option which seems to be a strong contender is rysolv.com. They also keep back a small amount of the bounty as a ‘fee’ which goes to the project via Open Collective and have better rates for the people who are solving the issues than Bountysource offers.I haven’t got further than a quick look and a back and forth email about some features, if someone would like to take on looking into this and seeing if it would be a better solution just let me know!
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) As regards to funding, I am working on a policy for how we financially compensate contributors.Also looking into ways that we can prioritise features or bug fixes that we might want to get addressed through a RFP process which would have a stated $ amount that the project would attract and give individuals and teams the ability to pitch a proposal of how they would address the project.Again, if anyone would like to work with me on this I would value the input!
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) From the budget perspective, everything is on opencollective.com/mautic but if you want to drill into our spend against budget take a look at the working sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UCPbNa-UK37TDu4ClB8ijFJC2DJqcGinmL3laYacYWk/edit?usp=sharingWe are over budget on the builder initiative as we have a lot more complexity in some of the issues we have encountered with the preference centre, but that work is very nearly completed.

4️⃣ Update on Tiger Teams

5️⃣ Updates from initiatives

5️⃣ . 1️⃣ Builders

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) @Adrian Schimpf @Disha @Joey Keller could you give an update on progress here? I know we have had a few bugs getting reported since we released 4.0 so maybe we could mention them and if you need additional help from the community to address them.
Joey Keller The "id=" bug is It is well documented in github in multiple reports. On the GrapesJs github page there are some solutions offered. I'm not smart enough to implement them, but maybe a person with JS knowledge can manage it.
Adrian Schimpf Im not sure we need to do this id fix mentioned. It looks more like a workaround… In my testing the ID was not a problem. Is it maybe related to other problems with the themes?
Joey Keller Did you see my video? Can you add a a previously uploaded image to your email and save it?
Joey Keller I noticed that the builder adds the id. If the id is added the email cannot be saved.
Joey Keller Here is another video:https://www.loom.com/share/eb4ad3fb257f4bed9fe5c17b3e8d445b

5️⃣ . 2️⃣ Composer Support

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) @Nick Veenhof @Rahul I noticed there were a few outstanding PRs when I was updating the bases today - could we list those out and determine the next steps that we need to take?

5️⃣ . 3️⃣ Install & Upgrade

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) @Dennis Ameling is about to start doing some work on this initiative so I will leave this one up to him to add some updates!
Dennis Ameling Nothing to share here yet - will have a call with Ruth on Monday to coordinate/prioritize the work. Will update you in the next team meeting then :slightly_smiling_face:

5️⃣ . 4️⃣ Marketplace

5️⃣ . 5️⃣ Next Generation

5️⃣ . 6️⃣ Resource Management

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We have a call which we are organising this week to kick off the foldering part of this initiative. Please check #i-resource-management if you are interested!

6️⃣ End to end testing updates

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) There are some developments to share here - some time ago we started looking into this and got going with Cypress, but the QA team at Acquia quickly ran into a lot of shortcomings which meant that some of the critical areas of Mautic could not be effectively tested due to the limitations of Cypress.As a result they have moved the whole test suite over to Selenium and done extensive refactoring to support a much more streamlined and organised approach and incorporating Cucumber.@Rohit Sakhawalkar can probably fill in some more of the gaps - he is currently working on spinning up a Mautic instance to run the test suite against and see what changes will need to be made to use them in the community.The aim would be that developers can have a basic set of tests that they can use locally, and a full set which tests everything (which takes quite a lot of time).I hope that we can then automate running the full set of tests on a daily basis against our development branches on GitHub and report to us if tests are failing.This should also really help us with testing releases and improve the quality of our releases, as these tests will basically be emulating a user and therefore may well pick up on things that the automated code-based tests do not.
Rohit Sakhawalkar I will do a local setup. In a way yo find difference between Acquia and community version of Mautic. After that will mark all the features which are related to community version.

Participants:

mohit.aghera, Ruth Cheesley (she/her), Julio Roldos, Joey Keller, Adrian Schimpf, Dennis Ameling, Rohit Sakhawalkar