Question about importing New Contacts for fear of being penalised by Amazon Ses for Double Opt-in

Your software
My Mautic version is: v4.4.9
My PHP version is: 8.0.28
My Database type and version is: MySQL V8

Your problem
My problem is: It’s more of a question… We have just moved from Mailjet to a New installation of Mautic using Amazon SES which was a total nightmare to get out of the sandbox. (We are out now!) We are wanting to import our list of 3,500+ contacts into Mautic so we can start engaging with them. My concern now is that Mautic and Amazon (specifically) don’t know that this list is clean & that all contacts have already gone through the Double Opt-in process (In MailJet) We don’t want to have to do this again! Will Amazon see these as potential spam because it hasn’t actually seen our contacts go though the double opt-in process? Or, will it be okay and we won’t be penalised?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Andi

They probably won’t recognize double opt-in for new subscribers anyway. People who confirm email will probably just get a tag taken away and be removed from a segment. However, they will recognize low engagement rates and spam complaints. Those are really the bottom lines.

1 Like

Thanks very much MonkeyJedi - Much appreciated!

This in addition to bounce rates are what put SES accounts in danger.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.