Question about new users in campaigns.

So I started an email drip based campaign as a test and its going great!

Moving forward i’d like to add a large amount of contacts to this campaign.

If I add the additional contacts to the campaign while it’s been running, will they start from the beginning of the campaign, or will they receieve the current drip the older contacts are receiving.

Also - If I do add them, when will they be sent their first email (the first email is the Initial action on the campaign)

So I started an email drip based campaign as a test and its going great!
Moving forward i’d like to add a large amount of contacts to this campaign.
If I add the additional contacts to the campaign while it’s been running, will they start from the beginning of the campaign, or will they receieve the current drip the older contacts are receiving.

Also - If I do add them, when will they be sent their first email (the first email is the Initial action on the campaign)

I am not an experienced user, but I tested this scenerio when I first setup a campaign.

Mautic will start the new contacts at the beginning of the campaign - which is really cool. They will start when the next cron trigger is fired. They will receive the first campaign email and then move along the campaign to the second, third email. Older contacts will continue on from where the were.

@Doahh I guess, in some cases it is handy, in some cases it is not. Just imagine, you have drip steps with absolute timings, e.g. drip 1 is on Monday, drip 2 is on Wednesday. When someone gets added to the campaign an Friday, he will receive both drips within minutes. Or am I wrong?

This might not be applicable for all drip campaigns, but there are are many cases for this (e.g. a reminder campaign for a fixed event date).