Random contacts being added after upgrade to 2.9.0

After noticing that bugfix #4498 had been issued, I upgraded Mautic from 2.8.2 to the latest release (2.9.0).

I noticed that random contacts were being created every few minutes. At first I thought that a hacker had added me to their list and was somehow injecting via my mailing list form. I disabled the form and then deleted it, but the contacts still kept on being added. I then limited the Apache2 VHost to my IP address but they were still there. It looks like Mautic was adding random contacts after the update. Reverting to 2.8.2 and restoring the database of that version seems to have fixed the issue.

I haven’t tested but the only thing I can think of is the cron jobs are causing Mautic to add test data to the contacts. Random contacts being added makes this upgrade unusable for me. The contacts had only a first and last name, they were pretty random looking and not real names. I am very new to Mautic and so not sure what other info to provide.

The apache log files showed no external connections, the Mautic log did not show anything obvious either.

After noticing that bugfix #4498 had been issued, I upgraded Mautic from 2.8.2 to the latest release (2.9.0).

I noticed that random contacts were being created every few minutes. At first I thought that a hacker had added me to their list and was somehow injecting via my mailing list form. I disabled the form and then deleted it, but the contacts still kept on being added. I then limited the Apache2 VHost to my IP address but they were still there. It looks like Mautic was adding random contacts after the update. Reverting to 2.8.2 and restoring the database of that version seems to have fixed the issue.

I haven’t tested but the only thing I can think of is the cron jobs are causing Mautic to add test data to the contacts. Random contacts being added makes this upgrade unusable for me. The contacts had only a first and last name, they were pretty random looking and not real names. I am very new to Mautic and so not sure what other info to provide.

The apache log files showed no external connections, the Mautic log did not show anything obvious either.

Hi @Doahh

We can take a deeper look inside your problem and help you repair it if you would like. If you are interested write us to get the details hello@mauticdevelopers.com

I wrote to MauticDevelopers and I’m afraid I can’t afford their hourly rates. We are a non-profit in INdia and on a low budget.

If anyone ha any idea of where these are coming from I would appreciate their guidance. Otherwise we’ll just keep deleting them as they come in.

@sraisz - We would love to help but everybody have to pay they bills :slight_smile: We would love to help Mautic users without fees but that isn’t possible. Unless we get some crowd funding. If we will be able to answer your question without extra research we would do that but in your case it is impossible. Hopes somebody from forum have similar issue and is able to provide you an answer.