Read fingerprint doubt

Hallo,

Let’s see if you can guide me, I’m quite confused.

I have my own website in which I am adding Mautic javascript tracking snippet.

I have also some forms in my website, when the user submits this forms, some of the form’s fields should update Mautic contact information. I am using Mautic API for that, to update the Lead/contact.

My issue is about identifying which lead to update:

Is there anyway that I can get the fingerprint in my website, server side, so I could use this to search the Lead by fingerprint, so the proper lead will be updated?

If not, I guess I will just have to push my website’s ID to Mautic Lead’s (even anonymous Leads). I don’t like this because I believe that managing this “my website ID” is to do exactly the same thing as implementing a fingerprint… I don’t want to do work that’s already done! (most probably done in a way better way that I can do)

Hallo,

Let’s see if you can guide me, I’m quite confused.

I have my own website in which I am adding Mautic javascript tracking snippet.

I have also some forms in my website, when the user submits this forms, some of the form’s fields should update Mautic contact information. I am using Mautic API for that, to update the Lead/contact.

My issue is about identifying which lead to update:

Is there anyway that I can get the fingerprint in my website, server side, so I could use this to search the Lead by fingerprint, so the proper lead will be updated?

If not, I guess I will just have to push my website’s ID to Mautic Lead’s (even anonymous Leads). I don’t like this because I believe that managing this “my website ID” is to do exactly the same thing as implementing a fingerprint… I don’t want to do work that’s already done! (most probably done in a way better way that I can do)