Real number of emails properly delivered

Hi Mautic Team!

I’m a very happy user of Mautic, so thank you very much for your excellent work!

I wonder if there’s a way to know how much emails are properly delivered, and how much have been bounced.

At this moment I just see in the stats how much emails are Pending/Sent/Failed or Read

Also, please would you confirm me what is the real meaning of “Failed”? I guess that they would be the emails sent that are not properly delivered (i.e. because the email address doesn’t exists or it’s not well formed), but I checked that it’s not the case.

Thanks again!

Hi Mautic Team!

I’m a very happy user of Mautic, so thank you very much for your excellent work!

I wonder if there’s a way to know how much emails are properly delivered, and how much have been bounced.

At this moment I just see in the stats how much emails are Pending/Sent/Failed or Read

Also, please would you confirm me what is the real meaning of “Failed”? I guess that they would be the emails sent that are not properly delivered (i.e. because the email address doesn’t exists or it’s not well formed), but I checked that it’s not the case.

Thanks again!

Hello,

there was a discussion about it in the Slack chat few days ago. The problem is that to get bounced emails Mautic would have to have access to a inbox of the sending email address and parse the emails in that inbox to find out what emails had returned. That is not trivial functionality to implement. Especially if Mautic works on average web hosting. On the other hand, it is very important functionality for email sanding software so right now the community is searching for the best way how to implement it.

I’m not an expert in the email technology. How can you get delivered emails? Is it sent - bounced = delivered? In that case it is the same problem described in the paragraph above.

Failed means that sending of such email failed for some reason. That is something Mautic can catch and measure.

If you have any ideas about how to implement bounced email tracking considering that Mautic is server provider independent software, I’d love to hear it.