Received this error on installation

First off, I want to congratulate the Mautic team on this platform and the concept behind it. Simply incredible. For some time, I’ve wanted to figure out a way to leverage my advertising and digital marketing experience to help truly small business overcome the challenges of modern marketing. Mautic is going to fill a huge void.

Hats off to all of you.

I am trying to install the platform on my hosted VPS (with Knownhost), using the “start.php” script installer on my root folder. I am getting the following message:

Quote:
Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /home/flitepath/public_html/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DriverManager.php on line 155

Unfortunately, I'm not technical enough to figure this out on my own. Was hoping for a hand here on your forums. Many thanks.

First off, I want to congratulate the Mautic team on this platform and the concept behind it. Simply incredible. For some time, I’ve wanted to figure out a way to leverage my advertising and digital marketing experience to help truly small business overcome the challenges of modern marketing. Mautic is going to fill a huge void.

Hats off to all of you.

I am trying to install the platform on my hosted VPS (with Knownhost), using the “start.php” script installer on my root folder. I am getting the following message:

Unfortunately, I’m not technical enough to figure this out on my own. Was hoping for a hand here on your forums. Many thanks.

Hi Camilo

Thanks for the great feedback! We really appreciate the kind comments.

Regarding the errors your getting, I’m not exactly sure where you got ‘start.php’, but that isn’t a Mautic file.

If you download the mautic.zip file from the download page and unzip it, the installer runs via index.php. Hopefully by executing that file you won’t get this not found class error.

Chad

Chad, thanks for your quick reply.

I found the “start.php” file on your Github directory. When I ran it, it copied all the files and attempted to run the installer, which failed.

I went back and deleted all files, downloaded the latest package from Mautic.org and tried running “index.php.”

Unfortunately, I received the same error:

Fatal error: Class ‘PDO’ not found in /home/flitepath/public_html/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DriverManager.php on line 155

If it helps, I’m running the following setup:

Apache: 2.4.10
PHP: 5.4.33
MySQL: 5.6.23
Perl: 5.8.8
Operating System: Linux

I had this error as well, installing php-pdo worked: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11813381/php-fatal-error-class-pdo-not-found

Ahh Loneview is right. Php needs mysql PDO. You may have it and not have it enabled, or you need to get it installed on the server.

Thanks very much. I’m contacting my host to get it installed as we speak.

Hello gentlemen, unfortunately I can’t seem to get installation to work. Knownhost support sent this to me after they installed PDO:

php -m | grep pdo

pdo_mysql
pdo_sqlite

php -m | grep PDO

PDO

I then unzipped and uploaded all Mautic files to my root directory. Safari simply says it can’t open the page. Specifically, it says:

Safari can’t open the page “flitepath.co” (yes, it’s a .co domain) because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection.

Any other thoughts, ideas?

Many thanks,

Hi Camilo

Sorry this is being so tough!

That error to me looks like it is an issue with mod_rewrite or .htaccess. Mautic supplies a .htaccess file, but sometimes hosts don’t allow some of the settings we have in there. But any issues with that would come up in your Apache config file. Can you look or ask your host to check out the error logs and see what’s going on?

Okay, so I was able to install Mautic locally on my Mac using MAMP — although it runs pretty slow. However, here’s what the folks at my hosting company are saying/seeing in their logs:

=================================

I’m seeing an empty .htaccess in /home/flitepath/www ; and ‘deny from all’ in /home/flitepath/www/app .

I’m seeing these in your error logs:

[Mon Mar 30 23:07:33.019297 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 27708] AH00163: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.4.39 configured – resuming normal operations
[Mon Mar 30 23:07:33.019324 2015] [core:notice] [pid 27708] AH00094: Command line: ‘/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -D SSL’
[Tue Mar 31 01:41:10.195263 2015] [core:notice] [pid 27708] AH00052: child pid 4953 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Tue Mar 31 04:21:09.745600 2015] [core:notice] [pid 27708] AH00052: child pid 6778 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Tue Mar 31 05:14:26.977994 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 27708] AH00171: Graceful restart requested, doing restart

Okay a few things:

1. The .htaccess in root shouldn’t be empty - it should look like this:
    https://github.com/mautic/mautic/blob/staging/.htaccess

2. the .htaccess in app . is from us and you should keep. It ensures no one can access the source files directly.

3. none of those error logs look particularly important or related to Mautic.

Quick update. It appears that Zend Optimizer was causing the issue on my VPS server.

I know have a working instance of Mautic. Thanks very much for your help in solving this issue.

Time to go play!