Responds

Hi,

I want to apology if I did anything wrong, but to be honest I do not know if I did any. anyway I just want to know why my questions are not being answered by anyone. Just please let me know if I am not welcomed here, to stop posting.

best regards,

A beginner Programmer.

Hi,

I want to apology if I did anything wrong, but to be honest I do not know if I did any. anyway I just want to know why my questions are not being answered by anyone. Just please let me know if I am not welcomed here, to stop posting.

best regards,
A beginner Programmer.

Hi,

you are right I tried to avoid to answer your questions. Although anyone else could answer them. I’m just one member of a large community.

The thing is; you were asking how to change the Mautic logo. I already replied to similar question once and it resulted in ugly argument because I believe that if you change the logo of an open source project, you are creating your open source project by your own and you cannot expect help from the community of original open source project.

I don’t want to argue about it so I simply ignored it.

First thing first lets begin with the Title part, I did not say that I want to change it completely because I have seen the code of the Mautic and there is no possible way to change all of it unless I take the Idea and start all over. So it wont be logical to change the title and keep the code the same in the name of Mautic. I just wanted to add the letter A of our company into the title. and if thats all of it than I wont change it I will keep the same. though my boss emailed the Mautic company to ask if she can take the code and adjust it they said it is okay, and they even said that if we add something good to the software we can send the modification to the company and they will consider adding it to the original source code.

Second and last, I did not come here to argue with anyone and leave a bad impression about me, I came here to get help, and if you don’t find yourself comfy helping me I will understand and stop asking really and there is no problem. Anyway I would like to thank you for what you have done so far with me.

Before you reply to me I just want to tell you what I am willing to add to the Mautic software, I want to add a facebook bundle that posts adds or commercials to the facebook with target groups, in order to do that i want to add a facebook button to the menu. and I am studying the MVC now and these stuff because I dont know them. anyway if you support the idea and like to help I will be more than thankful.

Hello Mhamad,

I can see I upset you with my view on modifying Mautic logo. I just wanted you to know that what you want to do is OK. It is legal.

Try to consider the view of a person who spent last 18 months working on an open source project and then one day someone will contact you and tell you: “Hey, nice job! How can I change the logo and make it look like my company did it?” I know that’s not completely what you said but it’s how I hear it. But that’s my problem, not yours. Do whatever you want with Mautic. Others do that as well. All you can’t expect is helping you do that. I’m sorry, but I’m a normal person like anyone else in the Mautic community and I can choose whether I want to help someone or not. And sometimes I want to help but don’t have time. You can as well write everyone else in this forum and ask them why they are not helping you.

If you want to help with Mautic development, I’ll be the first one to thanking you and helping to get your code into the core and we may become a good colleagues and friends. But there were others who said they’ll help and I’ve never heard from them again. So I’ll believe it when I see it.

I really like the idea that you want to extend the Facebook integration. Take a look how the current Facebook plugin is done and extend it or create your own. Take a look into the core bundles for ideas how to do some more exciting stuff. I wish you all the best.

Hello,

First of all you didn’t upset me at all, I know that it sounded like that but I really didn’t men to, anyways forget about the logo thing i got it out of my mind because there are many more important things to do first.

By the way my friend is the one messaging you, he is called Fadel or something, he sent you the plugin to check whether it works with you or no because it didn’t work with us. and Im telling you that as an answer if you would hear from us again after we modify or not, it is not like I’m doing you a favor, but you know, we can help each other out. like what we add to software, if it worked we will give it to the Mautic community but in return we would like to have some help doing it.

Anyway thanks again for your efforts, and good luck in your career.