Rebranding

On mautic.org site i find short information: “Because Mautic is open source the software is 100% customizable for your particular needs and situations”.

Does this mean I can rebrand mautic self-hosted version? Rebrand - it means i want to change logo, name etc.? Is it possible? I want to use mautic for my clients.

I’am going to use my mautic plugins (mass mailing, sms), extend mautic API to json API (token authorization), extend actions and decisions.

On mautic.org site i find short information: “Because Mautic is open source the software is 100% customizable for your particular needs and situations”.

Does this mean I can rebrand mautic self-hosted version? Rebrand - it means i want to change logo, name etc.? Is it possible? I want to use mautic for my clients.

I’am going to use my mautic plugins (mass mailing, sms), extend mautic API to json API (token authorization), extend actions and decisions.

Hi Barti

Thanks for your interest in this. Open source software takes a lot of time and energy to develop, and a lot of people have gotten together to create Mautic. It would really help the community of marketers if you contributed to the community your plugins and how you extended Mautic. We need all the help we can get. If you’re capable of doing those things it would be awesome if you would help grow Mautic’s by contributing to its success.

Have you worked with an open source software project in the past? It’s a lot of fun and you can make lifelong friends. In fact that’s basically how Mautic came into being: contacts from other Open Source software getting together to create it. What can we do to help facilitate your interest in contributing to Mautic’s community?

In terms of rebranding Mautic and all that, it is licensed under the GPL, so any liberties that the GPL afford you will be entirely legal. For those specifics I recommend talking to a lawyer or someone who’s qualified to tell you what is and isn’t legal.

I have my business been rebranded and uses taglines which I found the idea of the use of it at http://eatmywords.com/services/taglines/, is that possible to still use Mautic versions despite the recommendation or other aspects of rebranding were not made from it?