Roles and Users

Hi there!

I am tring to set up the system for more then one team members.

I have gone to Roles and create a new role called it “System User” and set the permissions.

Then I added 2 new “System Users” .

The goal is if System User1 creates new categories/campaign , categories/email, categories/page ect that System User2 does not see what System User1 created.

Categories - User has access to

View

Edit

Create

Delete

Publish

Full

Emails - User has access to

View Own

View Others

Edit Own

Edit Others

Create

Delete Own

Delete Others

Publish Own

Publish Others

Full

I think I set everything but it apprears maybe not some system Users can see each others categories/campaign , categories/email …

Hopefully this make sense :)

If there away do they dont see anything from each others account. Note each users has thier own log in information.

Thanks!!

Hi there!

I am tring to set up the system for more then one team members.

I have gone to Roles and create a new role called it “System User” and set the permissions.

Then I added 2 new “System Users” .

The goal is if System User1 creates new categories/campaign , categories/email, categories/page ect that System User2 does not see what System User1 created.

Categories - User has access to
View
Edit
Create
Delete
Publish
Full
Emails - User has access to
View Own
View Others
Edit Own
Edit Others
Create
Delete Own
Delete Others
Publish Own
Publish Others
Full

I think I set everything but it apprears maybe not some system Users can see each others categories/campaign , categories/email …

Hopefully this make sense :slight_smile:

If there away do they dont see anything from each others account. Note each users has thier own log in information.

Thanks!!

1. You’ll probably need also the Create permission to test this fully. Those System Users won’t be able to create anything.
  2. You gave the System Users full access for categories and then you wrote that those users has full access to categories. Do I miss something? It seems to me like the proper behavior.
  3. Categories doesn’t have the “… Own” permissions so it is not currently possible see only own categories.
  4. Categories had been re-designed in Mautic 1.2.1, but the permissions are probably still the same. Feel free to create a feature request on GitHub: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues

Created another user (with limited rights) besides the default admin.
Cannot edit or delete that user (and hence cannot delete the role either).
Is this a general bug or what should be done differently?