Same email 20 times :-O

Anyone had this issue?

I got some emails from my leads that sometime they receive same email over 20 times in couple of minutes, one lead reported me he received 75 times same email which is crazy

This was not automated campaigns, just simple broadcast to my list

I have a friend who have same issue

Any idea how to figure out what’s going on?

Mautic version 2.8.2

Really appreciate

Anyone had this issue?
I got some emails from my leads that sometime they receive same email over 20 times in couple of minutes, one lead reported me he received 75 times same email which is crazy
This was not automated campaigns, just simple broadcast to my list
I have a friend who have same issue
Any idea how to figure out what’s going on?
Mautic version 2.8.2

Really appreciate

Is there any way to reproduce this? Are the multiple emails logged in the contact event log? Are you using SMTP to send your emails or an email prodiver?

I was seeing this when email based cron tasks were colliding. I did hear that this issue was fixed??? In any case what I did was to change the way I use those cron jobs by firstly not firing them so quickly that they collide and most importantly by wrapping them up in shell scripts that can detect that one is still running.

Maybe connected maybe not. Check out your cron entries first. :slight_smile:

Really have no idea how to reproduce this
I don’t use SMTP, i use php mail
And yes there are same email in the contact event log

Cron are ok, i’m not using mautic for first time, i have it from over 9 months

OK some odd behaviour one of the guys here as spotted which may or may not be connected is that if you edit an email in the campaign builder and use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down while changing, the scroll action is also being performed in the background window (the selection box for the email action), and then when you save and close you may end up with say the bottom email being selected and not noticed.

If this effect is happing for you could you have accidentally assigned the wrong email to all campaigns?

I don’t think it would be what you’ve done but worth a check. :slight_smile:

BTW Just reported this as an issue on github

Well this is nuts
850 email messages to the same subscriber

I experienced an error in Mautic where multiple emails were sent out. Please take a look here: https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/7788-schedule-and-re-schedule-e-mail-in-campaign-send-action/p1

Did you do something similar (setting a data/time and after that remove it)? And, what do you mean with “just simple broadcast to my list” - it is still a campaign with a single action, isn’t it?