Seeking Assistance to Integrate Mautic with Shopify

Hey Mautic Community!

I hope you’re all doing well. I’m currently working on setting up Mautic with my Shopify store, and I could really use some guidance from experienced users in the community.

My goal is to seamlessly integrate Mautic with Shopify so that every time a new customer makes a purchase on my Shopify store, their information is automatically added as a new contact in Mautic. This integration will not only save time but also help me effectively manage my marketing efforts and provide a personalized experience for my customers.

If anyone has successfully achieved a similar integration or has insights on how to approach this, I’d greatly appreciate your assistance. Your valuable input would go a long way in helping me make the most out of Mautic and Shopify together.

Thank you all in advance for your support!

Hi,

this is really general statement, I am willing to help you as I have some experience with Mautic, but would need some specific questions from you to go move this forward.

I am sure there is many ways to achieve this, but looks like shopify has webhooks:

You can develop a plugin that listens to this webhooks to store data in Mautic (and I can help you with that if you want).

1 Like

I think that @tonyr has been working on this - not sure how far along it is though!

Using Shopify webhooks for this integration has saved me a lot of time and effort.

As I always start off saying “There are many ways to do this with Mautic”.

1. There is a paid plugin for this - I have used it once in the past but I am not sure if it is maintained and I found ways to do this without the plugin.
  2. You can use the Mautic tracking script to update mautic with information using mt ‘send’ ‘page view’ and then update fields directly inside Mautic from Shopify - must be noted Shopify does not open their entire data layer so it would only work for users that actually create a Shopify account.
  3. You can use Shopify web hooks to send all the information to Mautic, you would need to use either a third party tool like Napier or n8n (n8n is what we use - free and self hosted) in order to catch the web hook and pass onto Mautic or write your own code to catch a web hook, however as Ruth says there are people working on a mautic web hook catcher at the moment and I know that Joey is working on this as well.

All of the above does require time and some knowledge and tickerin

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the various ways to integrate Mautic with Shopify. It’s great to see how versatile the platform can be for achieving our goals.

After carefully considering the options you mentioned, I must admit that I have some reservations about relying on third-party apps for integration due to potential privacy and security concerns. As you mentioned, some apps might have access to sensitive data, which could lead to spying and data misuse. Protecting our customers’ information is of utmost importance to me, and I’d prefer to avoid any unnecessary risks.

That being said, I believe the webhook approach seems like a promising solution. It allows us to have more control over the data flow, and it’s reassuring to know that you’ve had success with n8n, which is free and self-hosted. However, I must acknowledge the limitation you pointed out regarding Shopify’s data layer. The fact that it only works for users who create a Shopify account might limit its reach, and we need to be aware of this constraint.

Thank you once again for sharing your insights on this matter. I value your expertise and look forward to finding the best approach that aligns with our goals while maintaining the highest level of data security and privacy for our customers.