Segment contacts by location

Hello,

I can’t find a segment filter for contact location, although this is shown in the contact table view.

Please, can someone assist?

Thanks,

Phil

Hello,

I can’t find a segment filter for contact location, although this is shown in the contact table view.

Please, can someone assist?

Thanks,
Phil

@Phil_Veloso you want Geo location ?

I am getting their location data but there isn’t contact field to filter on to get a localized segment .

Can you share screen shot

Maybe some background information.

We are scrapping leads usings selected twitter hashtags but obviously, there’s a lot from everywhere!

I’m trying to filter a master catchment segment to only keep leads from select regions/locations.

I tried mapping the location field in the twitter plugin with a custom field called twitter location but it didn’t work.

However, the location does appear to be getting caught as per the location field in the contact table.

I am therefore trying to access this field although cannot find a method to do so.

Okay after some exploration I found out that by exporting the contact list as a .csv the location is being stored in the country field. Its probably not showing in the contact view because it’s not a country per say, as per the drop down countries.

I have tried to map the twitter plugin to a new “twitter location” custom field but it’s not working.

Any suggestion on why this may be?

@Phil_Veloso You need to create a segment and use filters to fill those segment with the data you want.

Sample if you want to put all contact from Canada.

Create a segment called Canada Leads and in the tab called Filter select location > equal > Canada.

Issue identified as an error with mapping the location field pulled from Twitter to the country field in Mautic, as twitter locations do not follow the naming convention defined in the Mautic country dropdown field.

@Phil_Veloso Thanks for sharing and cheers