Segment user permissions

Hello,

Out of all the user permissions area when creating non-admin permissions roles and selecting what you want to have others have access to when creating a user and assigning what roles. The only problem that hasn’t been updated, fixed or addresses is the SEGMENT section. It’s still assigned to be used only for ADMIN vs editing for view own, edit own, create, delete own. Everything else works, the problem is you can’t create an email from a user account without selecting a segment so this is messed up. lot’s of unhappy people that have accounts on my mautic have to contact me to create a segment from my end, than i have to select there email they made to attach it to, than have to deal with permission overrides it’s a total pain in the butt. when you simply can just add the same sections for permissions as you have done with almost everything else from forms, to campaigns, to contacts, and more.
Permissions Area with no options for Segment for users vs Admin only

I’m guessing nobody has multiple users with there Mautic system in place. Because since day one when it comes to user roles and permission that if your not an admin you can’t create segments that attach to your emails. An admin has to make one every time a non admin. Full permissions don’t work because then a non admin can see other accounts and delete any segments or edit them and that’s really bad.

Everything else under the account manager seems to work and have the proper sections to select, the segments area on the image above has no such thing.

Why has this been ignored for all these versions.

1 Like

Hello,

I face the same problem here, on Mautic 3.
I want users to be able to access/create/edit their own segments only, not the ones from others.
I defined a role with these permissions:

The result is that a user can create its own segment but then can not see it anymore in the segment list, unless he defined it as a public segment (but then anyone can see it).

Does someone face this issue too? Am I misunderstanding something here?

Hello,

I found this : https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/8957
I tried it on my 3.0 and it corrects the issue, in case someone else is having the same problem.