Select field not showing values in forms

I created a Select field under Manage fields in Leads, The field is defined properly and I can also create a List based on this field.

When I try to create a form and choose a select field, I cant save this field as it says choose property, but I dont see pre defined properties here and it is blank.

So how do I use this field now?

Hi

Well I assumed that the values I had input under leads- in manage fields- custom field would appear up when i was adding this field to form. I understand now that even though I can see the select field in form the values done get carried forward to this modal form and I need to re-establish properties again.

So now I a creating select field in form directly and using it to filter lead and add to list to run campaign. Hope this works. idea was that when a user filled a form and selected a value from drop down ( select value) and submitted form, leads list will be able to filter this and immediately shoot out a email with necessary information and also add this to campaign to trigger future events as set in campaign events.
Thank you!

Conditions based on lead or form field will be added to campaigns in upcoming Mautic 1.2.1 (https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/906)

Lead fields and form fields are independent. It’s quite hard to implement what you want. What if you make a form field select first with some options, then create the lead field select with some other options and then go back to the form field select and link the lead field select. Should the previously created form field select options be updated? Or should lead field options appear before or after the form field options? Those questions has to be answered before such thing will be implemented.

The link between a form field and a lead field are simple for storing a value. If a lead submits a form, the fields which are linked to a lead field will save the value to the lead field as well.

I created a Select field under Manage fields in Leads, The field is defined properly and I can also create a List based on this field.

When I try to create a form and choose a select field, I cant save this field as it says choose property, but I dont see pre defined properties here and it is blank.

So how do I use this field now?

When you are creating a select form field, a modal box with field configuration will pop up. Fill in the name of the field, then go to Properties tab. Click on “Add property” button as many times as much properties (options) you want to create. Then, type a value to each property.

Hi

Thank you! for your response.

I just did that but somehow things dont go the way they should. Below are steps followed.

I went to Manage fields and created a new custom field.

This field is select field ( data Type) and I save three properties under options . This is saved and is correct.

Now I go to forms and wish to add this field to a form, So I add field and select data type as Select, This brings up a modal form and I fill label and lead field, I was hoping to see the earlier saved options under properties but system is asking to create new fields properties again.??

I wish to create a list filter based on this selection in field and add it to a campaign. So been trying but just seem to either miss something or there is a bug.

Thank you! really appreciate your responses and help.