Semi-public segments

My idea is:
Ideally, it should be possible to make segments “semi-public” – only visible to their subscribers in the preference center (making opt-out possible) but hidden for everyone else.

Reason: There are segments I don’t want people to be able to join without filling in a form. But I need to include them in the preference center so that users in those segments can unsubscribe themselves, without a blanket “do not contact me”.

Problem is that these segments being visible to everyone in the preference center means that users from other segments can join these segments without filling out the form by just checking the segment in their preference center.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea:
Users who have segments they want to put behind some kind of gate.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea:
Control who gets what messages.

Any code or resources to support this idea:

Are you willing to work on this idea?:
I’d be happy to help with testing.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further?

1 Like

I ended up with this for the preference center landing page to hide non-pre-checked segments – subscribers only see the ones they’re already members of:

div>input:not([checked="checked"])~label,
	  div>label~input:not([checked="checked"])
	  {
		display: none!important;
	  }
1 Like

This code works and can be used on your preference center landing pages to hide segments the user is not subscribed to:

div[id^="segment"] > input:not([checked]) ~ label, div[id^="segment"] > input:not([checked]) {
	display: none!important;
}