Test Action button added to Campaign node menu

My idea is:

I find myself wishing each campaign step menu had it’s own “test” button, specifically Action nodes. And more specifically, with the Send a webhook action (as pictured below) it would be so nice to have a “Send test payload” button. Wouldn’t it be great to set up a campaign Action, fill it in with test data and click a “Test” button to help identify specific issues?

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea:

Everyone who wants to just build without piecing together the puzzles in the error logs.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea:

Save time! When a step in a campaign doesn’t work, we can see that it didn’t work, but it’s much more difficult to understand why it didn’t work - at least for someone at my experience level.

Any code or resources to support this idea:

Are you willing to work on this idea?:

I will contribute any way I can.

EP

This is a great idea.

2 Likes

Hello @entrepositive,

This is a great idea!

A good practice in Mautic is to run small campaigns and to rely as much as possible on segments.
You use a segment to trigger your campaign.
Depending on the conditions of your campaign you push your contacts into other segments.
Then these segments trigger other campaigns.

This allows you to isolate the functioning of each campaign and to find problems quickly.
This makes it easier to maintain the campaigns.

What do you think about it?

Pierre

2 Likes

I would put it to use for sure. I find myself wanting to use the feature but it doesn’t exist. (In Integromat for example, i often test individual nodes to make sure it functions properly…)

With regard to Condition nodes in campaigns this same “test” button could populate a temp list of all that would fit the conditional criteria.

Hey @pierre_a thanks for the suggestion.

When I created the post I posted to the purple forum section “Ideas and Feature Requests”.

Was that not correct?

Thanks,
EP

Yes, my bad.

1 Like