There are no pending contacts

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.16.3
My PHP version is: 7.3.23
My Database type and version is: ?

Your problem
My problem is: sending mail

These errors are showing in the log: There are no pending contacts.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I have done the cron job configurations, I have segments, I have contacts, but they when I try to send I get the message There are no pending contacts. I have read a few topics but don’t seem to tell you where to correct the problem. totally confused now!

I’m going to make the assumption that you went to Channels --> Emails and created a new Email. The contacts for that email are determined by the “Contact Segment” (or segments) that you specify when configuring that email.

When you first create a segment, it will be empty (no contacts). You’ll need to “edit” the segment and click the “filters” tab, then setup rules to determine which contacts get pulled into the segment.

Create a rule for “Tags” --> Excluding --> “bogustag”. Since none of your contacts have the tag “bogustag” that rule should pick up everyone. Save & Close to finish editing, then “Close” out of that segment.

Mautic will only update the segments when a cron job runs; so now you have to wait. If you installed using Bitnami, the cron job only runs hourly. You can SSH into your setup and make the segments run immediate with a command like this: (altered for your install path)
/opt/bitnami/apps/mautic/htdocs/bin/console mautic:segments:update

After an hour, return to Mautic and reload the webpage. You should now see the segment you created has contacts associated with it, and emails that include that segment will also list those contacts.

I hope the above helps. I had to make some guesses about your use case.