Time Out of Sync

Your software
My Mautic version is: Mautic 4.4.10
My PHP version is: 7.4.3-4ubuntu2.19
My Database type and version is: 10.3.38-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1

Your problem
My problem is:
This is not a new issue, but I’m first documenting it. Probably a configuration issue on my end, but I can’t figure it out. My server time is correct. However, I’m seeing that the timestamp in my error log seems to be using GMT. Similarly, when I look at a graph for the number of new contacts, it stops adding to today’s count when it is midnight GMT time. For the error log, I can adjust the time in my head, but for the graphs, the data from one day is getting mixed with the data for the next day. Interestingly, while the graphed data is getting associated with the wrong day, I’m still not able to view the graph for that day until after midnight my time.

Has anyone else encountered this?

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I’ve confirmed that the linux clock is correct.

I would advise to set your time on server, wherever you can to UTC (server, php, etc.). In your mautic configuration you then set your location and app should display the data using correct time and date.

I read it this way:

• Error log is GMT=UTC → Means, server is set to UTC. Otherwise, the error log would be in roblefko’s or some other TZ
  • roblefko set Mautic to his TZ in the backend.

So, everything is working as expected, but having the log in UTC can be confusing. But this is how things work :man_shrugging:

If, however, the server is set to another TZ, you should really set it to UTC. Having another TZ can cause all sorts of confusing problems.

Does backend in this context mean mautic app or php settings?

PHP settings should use UTC as well.

I’ve set the server time zone to GMT and the php time zone to GMT. I’ve left the Mautic default time zone as my local time zone. Let’s see if that works.

Thank you for your input!