Timezone, time format not working

Although I changed the timezone in “Configuration” as well as in my own account, it still shows “UTC”. The correct timezone is also entered in php.ini, the server itself has the correct timezone. Why do I still see “UTC” everywhere (for example on the dashboard)?

Same goes for the time format. I changed all 4 in “Configuration”, but the only one that shows correctly is “full dates”. All the others still show the default format. Why is that?

Although I changed the timezone in “Configuration” as well as in my own account, it still shows “UTC”. The correct timezone is also entered in php.ini, the server itself has the correct timezone. Why do I still see “UTC” everywhere (for example on the dashboard)?

Same goes for the time format. I changed all 4 in “Configuration”, but the only one that shows correctly is “full dates”. All the others still show the default format. Why is that?

Have you looked at this thread?

https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/5501-wrong-timestamps-contact-history-vs-last-active

Thanks for the hint. No, I haven’t seen this thread before. Will this also solve the time format problem?

I’m not 100% sure. It solved my problem where I had 2 different timezone being displayed throughout the site.

Yes this should solve the problem

@mautic_user https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/5501-wrong-timestamps-contact-history-vs-last-active/p1#p15588

That link doesn’t work anymore. Does anyone know where I can find an answer to this question. I’m seeing the same problem in 2.15.3

1 Like

May be related to this issue

Weird though because it appears the PR was merged in 2.15.2.
Trying to apply the PR in 2.15.3 will probably not apply, but may be worth a try.

For some instances, we noticed that some times display as UTC (for example the “upcoming events” to the right of the contact timeline), but timeline events display with the timezone (e.g. America/Los Angeles) specified in Mautic settings. In our case though, both the UTC and PST (UTC-8) times are with the correct offset.

We set all the servers we install to date.timezone = UTC in php.ini. This is supposed to be a best practice because each PHP application running on a server should have logic to calculate time zone offsets itself.