Tracking code causes prestashop blank front page (mistake in copy/paste?)

Hi, I have tried a few times now to add the mautic JS tracking code to my store, as a temporary measure I need to do it manually. My store platform is out of date, when I upgrade in a few months I will be able to use a plugin. The problem I have is that it causes my products to vanish from my home page, usually this is caused by a missing or } or something.

This is what my site usually looks like

problem-1.png

This is the code I added in (bottom left)

problem-2.png

This is the outcome.

problem-3.png

Last time I tried I tried a few other things but result was always the same. My knowledge of php and html is low, however I am used to adding tracking codes (google/facebook etc)

Hi, I have tried a few times now to add the mautic JS tracking code to my store, as a temporary measure I need to do it manually. My store platform is out of date, when I upgrade in a few months I will be able to use a plugin. The problem I have is that it causes my products to vanish from my home page, usually this is caused by a missing or } or something.

This is what my site usually looks like

This is the code I added in (bottom left)

This is the outcome.

Last time I tried I tried a few other things but result was always the same. My knowledge of php and html is low, however I am used to adding tracking codes (google/facebook etc)

Can you make a copy of that page, insert the tracking script, verify that it is broken, and then post a link here?

We can look directly at the HTML and check out the page with some of the web development tools.

Hi, sure, I will need a little guidance on doing that. I tried opening the page in my browser, doing right click view page source and saving that as a html file, however, it comes out without a lot of formatting. The index page I view/edit in using my ftp client is a .tpl file. Can you let me know how I should proceed. Thanks for your help.

The page is www.ethical-pets.co.uk, if that helps

Kind of surprised your page works at all, for some odd reason you have a HTML page in the middle of a HTML page. Not sure how it got there, but everything in bold needs to be removed.

Could be when you copy-paste in the Mautic tracking code you’re grabbing more than just the tracking code.

-RB

[b]

Test [/b]
`
ethical web hosting
</div>

[b]

[/b]

Hi, I really can’t thank you enough for showing me this issue, I suspect a) it’s been like that for a while and b) it’s been the cause of various issues. that have annoyed me. I am not sure how it got like that, I may have done it a while ago myself and not realised it was an issue, I don’t know much about php and tpl files etc. I fixed the issue as you described. Anyway, it turns out the place I needed to put the code was actually in the footer.tpl and now it’s working fine!

So, for future reference for anyone who wants to know

To embed a mautic tracking code in a prestashop page either

a) use a plugin or
b) manually paste it below the tag in the footer.tpl file (found in themes > your theme)