Tracking Event Attendance + Scoring

Your problem
My problem is:
Hello hello everyone!
Already searched here but couldn’t find the answer!
What would be the best way to track event attendance on Mautic? Is it tags?
I would like to also attribute points for the leads for each event they attend it! So I could now the most engaged into my community, but mautic doesn’t provide “event” under channel /:
Any workaround?
Thanks very much in advance!

Interesting. is this in person events or online events?

I think tags would work. Those could manually applied are be applied by a trigger like visiting a url, scanning a QR code

Then you could attribute points via an automation based on tags or the url visit.

The event is offline, and I will manually import them to mautic.

I would love to:

A) Such as the pref center, I got a variety of events: “Coworking Thursdays, Startup Grind, CreativeMornings”. But each time I import the contacts, it either overwrides previous info, or doesn’t update it. Having said that, how can I keep track on what the person is interested on?

B) As we are talking to in person events, I would like to attribute points importing a list on people who actually attendend the event. I am trying to find a way to once someone has a new tag (can be any tag), gets points attributed to them, but it look like I have to do it manually, specifying which tag they got, to them get the points. Any suggestions on how can I do this?

Thanks in advance

B) As we are talking to in person events, I would like to attribute points importing a list on people who actually attendend the event. I am trying to find a way to once someone has a new tag (can be any tag), gets points attributed to them, but it look like I have to do it manually, specifying which tag they got, to them get the points. Any suggestions on how can I do this?

I like your thinking about importing a list of event attendees, and using the import to tag them! Make sure to always include their email address (or some other unique ID, if you have one set up) in the the import file.

The way I’d add points is by creating a segment (you could call the segment something like “Attended event”, “Add points”, or something similar) which you can then use to trigger a campaign. Create the campaign (make sure to set “Allow contacts to restart the campaign” to yes, so you can re-use it), and in the campaign builder add a couple of actions to:

• add points to the contact
  • remove the contact from the “Attended event” segment

Now, when you import your event attendees, set the import to add them to the “Attended event” segment (you can also use the import to add your tags at the same time).

Once your import has run, the campaign will automatically add the points - and because the campaign removes them from the segment, you can add them to the segment again and again, every time they attend an event, and it will add more points each time.