Sorry to jump onto the end of this thread and if it is a dumb set of questions.
I have just installed Mautic on my site and now wanting to set up the basics, but I am lost at square one with the tracking pixel.
I have a standard .php site - not Wordpress, Drupal, etc.
It would therefore seem that I will need to use the code as described above, i.e.;
[code]$d = urlencode(base64_encode(serialize(array(
‘url’ => $_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’],
‘title’ => $TITLE, // Use your website’s means of retrieving the title or manually insert it
‘email’ => $_SESSION[‘email’] // Use your website’s means of user management to retrieve the email
So my questions are;
- I presume that I just enter the above code on my page encased with the normal <?php ?> php tags?
- Is there any specific area to place the code - above the tag, in the or the ?
- Does that code have to go onto every page on my site that I want tracked or just my main index.php page?
- What if I have marketing that takes people to landing pages and not the main index?
- I presume the ‘title’ is the page title for each page that I have that code on?
- I don’t understand the significance of the ‘email’ variable. You say ‘Use your website’s means of user management to retrieve the email’ - but what eMail are you talking about here? What eMail is generated and what is its purpose? Is it an actual eMail address or something else such as ‘PHP Mail()’ or ‘PHPMailer’ etc?
Also one more question off topic while I am here, with the cron jobs, how often do you recommend that they are run?