Trigger on Specific Form Response

Need some help please. My use case is to trigger different Campaign actions based on a specific Form response. The campaign is for recruiting members to an event. The Form includes a select list choice so the lead can RSVP “yes, no or maybe”.

I need granularity for a campaign trigger based on specific form responses, not just that the lead submitted the form. I cannot find any reference to this type of trigger in the documentation or forum threads.

The basic workflow I’m looking for:

1. an initial invitation email with event details will be sent to leads in a list. The email will contain a link to the RSVP Form.

2. If the form response is “yes”, the lead would be placed into an RSVP Yes List for that event, and then sent a follow up email containing logistics and payment information.

3. If the form response is “maybe”, then the lead goes into a Maybe List, and a drip marketing campaign would commence to touch base every week to learn if the lead has made a decision to attend.

This seems like a fairly common use case - triggering actions based on specific form values - but I can’t find any answers.

Thanks for your help.

Need some help please. My use case is to trigger different Campaign actions based on a specific Form response. The campaign is for recruiting members to an event. The Form includes a select list choice so the lead can RSVP “yes, no or maybe”.

I need granularity for a campaign trigger based on specific form responses, not just that the lead submitted the form. I cannot find any reference to this type of trigger in the documentation or forum threads.

The basic workflow I’m looking for:

1. an initial invitation email with event details will be sent to leads in a list. The email will contain a link to the RSVP Form.

2. If the form response is “yes”, the lead would be placed into an RSVP Yes List for that event, and then sent a follow up email containing logistics and payment information.

3. If the form response is “maybe”, then the lead goes into a Maybe List, and a drip marketing campaign would commence to touch base every week to learn if the lead has made a decision to attend.

This seems like a fairly common use case - triggering actions based on specific form values - but I can’t find any answers.

Thanks for your help.

This feature is already prepared to be part of 1.2.1 version:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/906

Feel free to test it and write a comment to the pull request discussion about how it went.

Thanks for the quick reply. Since I’m using the Hosted version right now and in midst of a Drupal migration on our primary domain, I’ll have to wait for 1.2.1 to go live. Any rough idea on release date?

It should be next week. All pull requests has to be tested by at least 2 community members with success results before it can be merged to the core. If you want to speed the release up, help with testing please.