Unable to open file for reading

I’m not sure when this error started, but it’s stopping my Segment and Campaign emails from sending since March 5th. Manual emails to contacts don’t send either. However Example emails from the Channel Emails do send.

This is what I’m getting from the mautic:emails:send cron job.

Code:
[Swift_IoException] Unable to open file for reading [cid%3A4a02354202d3acff737708698a730bbb@email.mydomain.com]

mautic:emails:send [–message-limit [MESSAGE-LIMIT]] [–time-limit [TIME-LIMIT]] [–do-not-clear] [–recover-timeout [RECOVER-TIMEOUT]] [–clear-timeout [CLEAR-TIMEOUT]] [-f|–force] [-t|–timeout TIMEOUT] [-h|–help] [-q|–quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|–verbose] [-V|–version] [–ansi] [–no-ansi] [-n|–no-interaction] [-s|–shell] [–process-isolation] [-e|–env ENV] [–no-debug] [–]

Segment and campaign emails were last working for me in March 5th. I didn't change anything after March 5th. In desperation I upgraded to version 2.7 two days ago, but this issue persists.

I've cleared the cache folder. I've also created a different cache folder and tried to use that instead. Searching for this error returns issues related to images. But I've also tried a segment and test email with no images and they doesn't send either. I've set my server to PHP 5.6.30 and 5.7.

I've searched my server for the file that's "unable to open", but I can't find it.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

I’m not sure when this error started, but it’s stopping my Segment and Campaign emails from sending since March 5th. Manual emails to contacts don’t send either. However Example emails from the Channel Emails do send.

This is what I’m getting from the mautic:emails:send cron job.

[code][Swift_IoException]
Unable to open file for reading [cid%3A4a02354202d3acff737708698a730bbb@email.mydomain.com]

mautic:emails:send [–message-limit [MESSAGE-LIMIT]] [–time-limit [TIME-LIMIT]] [–do-not-clear] [–recover-timeout [RECOVER-TIMEOUT]] [–clear-timeout [CLEAR-TIMEOUT]] [-f|–force] [-t|–timeout TIMEOUT] [-h|–help] [-q|–quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|–verbose] [-V|–version] [–ansi] [–no-ansi] [-n|–no-interaction] [-s|–shell] [–process-isolation] [-e|–env ENV] [–no-debug] [–] [/code]

Segment and campaign emails were last working for me in March 5th. I didn’t change anything after March 5th. In desperation I upgraded to version 2.7 two days ago, but this issue persists.

I’ve cleared the cache folder. I’ve also created a different cache folder and tried to use that instead. Searching for this error returns issues related to images. But I’ve also tried a segment and test email with no images and they doesn’t send either. I’ve set my server to PHP 5.6.30 and 5.7.

I’ve searched my server for the file that’s “unable to open”, but I can’t find it.

I’d appreciate any ideas.

Well, after a lot of digging I found the problem. I had created a campaign email that was a response to a form submission. The email had a PDF attached to it. As I built the campaign I filled out the form to send the response email to myself. That’s what was stuck.

I found email files in the email/app/spool/default folder. I downloaded the files from there and searched them for the file name that was causing the error. One of them was the response email with the attachment. I deleted that one email file from the spool and the remaining emails in the spool (All of my test emails to myself) were sent when the CRON ran.

I’m not sure if the qualifies as a bug. I suppose there could be an issue with the PDF. But it has a simple file name with no special characters. It’s only 479KB. Now that I know how this happened I can test again with a simple PDF or some other file type.

I would be interested if anyone else has had issues or success with sending PDFs attached to segment or campaign emails.

Hi Teams
I am also facing same problem - I am first time user so i don’t have previous email folder to delete anything from spooler

System Details :

1. Host - Shared Hosting
  2. PHP - 5.6
  3. As per Mautic System Info - All Folders are Writable
  4. Email Setting - PHP Mail
  5. Mautic Version - Latest Build (Installed Just 2 days before)

My Error is :
Failed to send to xyz@mydomain.com: Unable to open file for reading [cid%3A339dafa61a463944df69b6694d0bbfed@www.mydomain.com] (send)

What i did?

1. Channels > Email > Code Mode > Copy Paste My HTML Template Source code
  2. Tested Email By > Public Preview URL - It is perfect as expected (with images)
  3. Contacts > Selected contact > Send Email
  4. Selected Email (created in step 1) from list
  5. Email Subject & Email body appeared automatically - but images are not visible - so enabled CODE VIEW In Mail Text Editor - found Img Scr = cid%3Ad98631b6f58c968f55267f8e100cec2e@www.mydomain.com
  6. Even then i attempted for Send Email - it caused above error

Apart from above - wanted to understand the concept behind this random path automatically generated by Mautic - cid%3A339dafa61a463944df69b6694d0bbfed

Thank you in advance