'Open Email' Not Working

Hi,

I installed mautic on a Go Daddy shared host account. Most things work, except the ‘open email’ decision in my campaign does not work.

1. I am running a simple test campaign using a campaign form that, in Campaign Builder, links to a ‘send email’ action.
  2. The ‘send email’ action is linked to an ‘open email’ decision which is then linked to a ‘points’ action.
  3. I also link to a ‘download asset’ decision and ‘points’ action that works well.

On my Lead’s Page, mautic refers to the completion of the campaign form and states that an email has been sent. However, after viewing the sent email, the system does not update the Lead to say that the email has been read.

My cron job scripts appear to work and report no error. In the email, I have clicked the ‘display image’ link.

I did not use the landing page builder or the email builder to create my pages.

I would be grateful for any help.

Hmm its odd that the proper path isn’t there. Did you move mautic around at all after installing? Perhaps try clearing cache (delete app/cache) and re-login to see if that fixes it. Also definitely create a new email after doing that incase the old email has the old path saved in it somewhere.

Hi Chad, thanks for coming back to me.

I created a new test email in Mautic.

I sent it first through the ‘send example’ button in the email section. The gif was correct. The script path included the ‘mautic’ subfolder that contains the Mautic software.

I sent the same email through a test campaign and the gif did not work. This time, the script did not include the ‘mautic’ subfolder and therefore the path was wrong.

I would be grateful for any help

Hi,

I installed mautic on a Go Daddy shared host account. Most things work, except the ‘open email’ decision in my campaign does not work.

1. I am running a simple test campaign using a campaign form that, in Campaign Builder, links to a ‘send email’ action.
  2. The ‘send email’ action is linked to an ‘open email’ decision which is then linked to a ‘points’ action.
  3. I also link to a ‘download asset’ decision and ‘points’ action that works well.

On my Lead’s Page, mautic refers to the completion of the campaign form and states that an email has been sent. However, after viewing the sent email, the system does not update the Lead to say that the email has been read.

My cron job scripts appear to work and report no error. In the email, I have clicked the ‘display image’ link.

I did not use the landing page builder or the email builder to create my pages.

I would be grateful for any help.

Can you view the raw email that is sent in your email application? (eg: in gmail look at this:

http://www.electrictoolbox.com/gmail-view-raw-email-message/

Once you have that, look for the included .gif image, and see if it is a working path and if you copy / paste it into a browser, it should just show a blank gif image with no errors.

Chad

Ok, I found the problem. We have installed mautic in a subdirectory "mysite.com/mautic"and when we inspected the mail sent from a campaign the tracking pixel did not have the full URL address. It was missing /mautic .We have created a virtual host in apache 2 and dedicated a subdomain to mautic folder. Now all tracking pixels are generated with the correct URL. I hope this helps.

Mautic team thank you for this great software. I think there is a great future for it. Please let us know if we can help.

Thank you
Robert

Hi All,

I am having the same issue. Any solutions? I am on version 1.41.

Thank you