Unable to send segment emails (mailgun)

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.2.5
My PHP version is: 7.2.24
My Database type and version is: MySQL

Your problem
My problem is:
I am unable to send segment emails via mailgun - emails are set to queue, not immediate. I have confirmed there is a publish start and end date (multiple days apart for testing purposes) for my segment emails.

When I send test emails, they work fine and I can see them in mailgun’s logs and receive the email. So the connection to mailgun is working.

Emails move from “pending” to “sent” according to the colored boxes on the email channels page. But they do not show up in mailgun and are not received.

These are my cron jobs:
*/15 * * * * php /var/www/html/info.X.com/bin/console mautic:segments:update
5,20,35,50 * * * * php /var/www/html/info.X.com/bin/console mautic:campaigns:update
10,25,40,55 * * * * php /var/www/html/info.X.com/bin/console mautic:campaigns:trigger
*/15 * * * * php /var/www/html/info.X.com/html/bin/console mautic:email:send
*/5 * * * * php /var/www/html/info.X.com/html/bin/console mautic:import
3-59/15 * * * * php /var/www/html/info.X.com/html/bin/console mautic:email:process --env=prod
*/15 * * * * php /var/www/html/info.X.com/html/bin/console mautic:broadcast:send

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
Other than verifying that the connection to mailgun is working and confirming the cron jobs, I am not sure what to try next.

Any ideas?

*more info, the crons appear to be working as I can confirm imports and segments are updating based on those cron jobs. So I would assume (loosely) that the mail crons are working as well.

can you check if your emails are in the queue? Check folder /var/spool

Is it empty?

Hi Joeyk, thank you for your response.

The /var/spool folder in the mautic install has .message files in it.

This may help

Thanks EJL, that fixed the issue

1 Like

Awesome. Glad I could help.